Playing via Hamachi

Lazy Joe

Tried it just now with a buddy and it didn't work.

This is what we did:

1) Created a hamachi network, my buddy connected to it just fine.

2) Started ProjectZomboidServer.bat, waited til it says SERVER STARTED

below it also said that steam is not enabled, i don't know why it would say that, since i play it via steam all the time.

3) Started the game, added the hamachi network's IP and port (which was default in this case) to the server list and saved it.

I gave the server a name, the IP is hamachi's IP, local IP was left empty, no password, an account name for myself, no password either.

4) Can't join server, server not responding.

Well, and that's it, neither my buddy nor I was able to continue any further from here.

Anything we were doing wrong there?

You cannot run a Steam-enabled server if you cannot port-forward, as it cannot communciate with Steam's server list.

Launch your client with the -nosteam option (right click Project Zomboid -> Properties -> Set Lauch Options)

Then use only the IP Hamachi provides to connect to the server.

You cannot run a Steam-enabled server if you cannot port-forward, as it cannot communciate with Steam's server list.

Launch your client with the -nosteam option (right click Project Zomboid -> Properties -> Set Lauch Options)

Go to steam library, go to properties of zomboid and just write "-nosteam" into the set launch options?

Go to steam library, go to properties of zomboid and just write "-nosteam" into the set launch options?

That's right. Without quotes, of course.

That's right. Without quotes, of course.

Not sure if that worked at all? So i started the game (via steam? or directly from the game's folder?) and the server.bat again

and server still fails to respond, and the window of my game also tells me that this game can only connected to steam servers. The -nosteam didnt cause any changes?

The server bat included with the game should launch a "nosteam" server by default.

The client must then also match it with the nosteam flag. You've added the flag to  Steam, so you must launch the game through Steam for it to take effect. If you've applied the change correctly, you will no longer see Steam in the lower righthand side of the title screen, or the option to insert a LAN ip when attempting to connect to the server.

Your error indicates the flag wasn't correctly entered, or you didn't launch the client through Steam.

by "you will no longer see Steam in the lower righthand side of the title screen",

you mean that "early access build32.30" without the "(steam)" after it?

well i added -nosteam to launch option, i....

EDIT, i think i should run the game with this so-called compatibility-mode, by doing that, i dont see (steam) after the "early access v.32.30" and the local ip slot anymore.

EDIT 2, oh nvm, other modes are without steam too now, dont know why it took them a while.

EDIT, 3, alright, works, thanks alot!