Problems starting server, randomly after update. "couldn't determine 32/64 bit of java"

TheeIntrepidGamer

Okay, so I've tried everything from reinstalling java, through apt-get to trying to set a manual path in start-server.sh but I haven't been able to get the server running again. I did do "java -version" to check if it was even registering it was installed and it was, any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm running it off a Ubuntu Server 32-bit box.

Screenshot%202016-01-08%2018.02.02.jpg

Default "start-server.sh" as well.

Screenshot%202016-01-08%2018.03.10.jpg

I've been trying to install server on Debian 64-bit and I found the same error. I can not find the mentioned /jre folders. I installed 64-bit Java from its official website. Do I need 32-bit version? Do I need to install jdk?  Please help me. Thanks! 

I've been trying to install server on Debian 64-bit and I found the same error. I can not find the mentioned /jre folders. I installed 64-bit Java from its official website. Do I need 32-bit version? Do I need to install jdk?  Please help me. Thanks! 

The jre/ and jre64/ folders only exist in the IWBUMS branch.  For the regular branch, you need to install Java yourself on Linux.  Use the 64-bit version of Java on a 64-bit system.  The JRE (not the JDK) should be enough.

The error is the same: 

./start-server.sh: line 7: java: command not found couldn't determine 32/64 bit of java

You aren't using IWBUMS right?  Because you said you don't have the JRE folders.

"java: command not found" means java isn't being found in your PATH for some reason.

You aren't using IWBUMS right?  Because you said you don't have the JRE folders.

"java: command not found" means java isn't being found in your PATH for some reason.

I do not know what is it. I downloaded the pz dedicated server using steamcmd. 

So what would be the correct path? I installed in /usr/java/

I do not know what is it. I downloaded the pz dedicated server using steamcmd. 

So what would be the correct path? I installed in /usr/java/

Normally you would install packages using apt-get or similar on Linux.

Since you installed it yourself, you'll need to add

PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/bin

or similar to the start-server.sh file.

I understand where you think is the error.I think you suggest I manually edit the file .sh but I'm not sure where in writing.I could erase my installation of Java and try to apt-get install. I do? 

I understand that you were referring to the unstable version of the game and I confirm that I am not using. 

Thank you very much for your help. 

The error changed:

./start-server.sh

64-bit java detected

./ProjectZomboid64: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /home/***/zomboidsv/linux64/libsteam_api.so)

Edit:

I already installed libc6, libc6-amd64,  libc6-dev & libc6-dbg. I continue with the new error.

I'm stuck, I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks! 

What version of debian are you running? I can check the version of glibc it provides.

If you're not sure of the release, you can run "lsb_release -c", or cat /etc/apt/sources.list

You're looking for 'wheezy', 'squeeze', or 'jessie'.

As for a backup of the start-server.sh, you wouldn't happen to be able to help me out, and give me a copy of your backup? Just to see if it works.

Sorry for the late answer, I am on holidays in Turkey right now and don't have regular access to the internet. But I don't think you still need it, do you?

I understand where you think is the error.I think you suggest I manually edit the file .sh but I'm not sure where in writing.I could erase my installation of Java and try to apt-get install. I do? 

I understand that you were referring to the unstable version of the game and I confirm that I am not using. 

Thank you very much for your help. 

While not really necessary, I'd suggest you do for easier maintenance regarding updates and stuff.

I'm using  Debian. 

cat /etc/debian_version7.9

Debian 7 uses version 2.13 of libc6, you could consider upgrading to Debian 8, try using backports (https://wiki.debian.org/Backports) or try installing that specific package from Debian testing (https://wiki.debian.org/AptPreferences).

Some time ago, Kirrus had a script for updating to the required version of libc6. You'll find that in Connall's PZ-Server-Howto (http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5841-buying-running-a-linux-project-zomboid-server/)