NEED HELP to run Project Zomboid Steam server with Hydrocraft Mod

Elkarique

HI I need help (walkthrough) to make my Project Zomboid Steam server with Workshop Hydrocraft Mod !

I can run a vanilla server from the Steam Tool PZ server download ( Tested and working - on PC and MAC - on hosted computer and from other place ) That pretty easy to do ..!!

Now what I want is to run a MODDED Hydrocraft server, That's where I need a Walkthrough on how to make it work !

Im able to run a server with Hydrocraft but just from the Host computer .. none of my friend are able to connect (they all got the same error : game files don't match the host )

Why ?

They have the same mod from the steamworkshop same version !

Im able to connect from my host computer ( the one where the server with Hydrocraft are ) !

I really need a Walkthrough because after 5 days of trying all guide a saw on internet nothing happen to be working for people trying to connect to my server !!

( All port are open correctly - everyone have the same mod from the steam workshop )

Server Side (my computer)

What I have done : have copy the Hydrocraft mod folder from the : Steam Workshop mod folder on my computer to Zomboid/mods Folder

Have put in server.ini Mods=Hydrocraft

went I start my server I see Hydrocraft loading on the server

went I try the game from the same computer that hosting my server everything work fine !

Thank's for Helping me running that private server for me and my friend !

ps.: im not that used to run server so if I could have a step by step guide to make Hydrocraft PZ server this will very helpfull
        because there's no simple easy step by step guide on the web for now !

Honestly it's really hard to tell what went wrong where.

Maybe you all are running different versions of the game.

Do you have ports 8766 and 8767 open? Also 16259-16270 (at least)?

Double check your router settings, check all numerical inputs (I messed those up on mine personally), and then go through this guide and see if you missed anything.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514493377

On Steam-enabled servers, mods are no longer installed the old way: you include the workshop ID and mod loading ID in servertest.ini, then the mods are downloaded and automatically installed for both the client and the server. These mods are automatically updated by Steam when the client connects to the server, or when the server is started.

If you attempt to install these mods in Zomboid\mods\ or ProjectZomboid\mods\, they will not work, or people may end up with multiple versions of the same mod. Is that what you did?

• 1 month later...