Seeds - Eat Them!

CaptKaspar

I have hundreds of excess seeds in my inventory. Why not be able to munch on a few?

I haven't looked into whether or not the seeds that we have in game are edible by people, but seed eating is nothing new for humans. We eat poppy, sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds here in the US so why not munch down on some cabbage seeds while we're at it!

I know they won't add much nutritional value, but better than nothing! Could add seeds as a 'spice' on salads :)

If I'm not mistaken seeds aren't renewable, right?

And seeds that are usually planted are often not tasty. Try cress seeds, I dare you.

They might not be tasty, but will they kill you?

You can eat worms and bugs in the game and they aren't very tasty.

I think potato seeds are poisonous? Although I don't know anything about seeds in general and may have dreamt this? I don't think I have ever seen a potato seed? I have grown potatoes from little potatoes (I guess they must have a name) but not seeds. I'm not even sure you can eat the little potatoes? So basically I know nothing about seeds, especially potato seeds. So seeds are really good for you except when they're not.

I think potato seeds are poisonous? Although I don't know anything about seeds in general and may have dreamt this? I don't think I have ever seen a potato seed? I have grown potatoes from little potatoes (I guess they must have a name) but not seeds. I'm not even sure you can eat the little potatoes? So basically I know nothing about seeds, especially potato seeds. So seeds are really good for you except when they're not.

Potatos dont grow from seeds. They grow from the little growths that grow off of them. At least IRL

Potatos dont grow from seeds. They grow from the little growths that grow off of them. At least IRL

I know but surely they must produce some sort of seed?

I read that they do produce seeds, but typically a 'seed potato' (chunk of potato) is planted to grow a new plant. If thats the case, we can definitely eat them!

I read that they do produce seeds, but typically a 'seed potato' (chunk of potato) is planted to grow a new plant. If thats the case, we can definitely eat them!

From the Potato Wikipedia

"After flowering, potato plants produce small green fruits that resemble green cherry tomatoes, each containing about 300 seeds. Like all parts of the plant except the tubers, the fruit contain the toxic alkaloid solanine and are therefore unsuitable for consumption. All new potato varieties are grown from seeds, also called "true potato seed", "TPS" or "botanical seed" to distinguish it from seed tubers. New varieties grown from seed can be propagated vegetatively by planting tubers, pieces of tubers cut to include at least one or two eyes, or cuttings, a practice used in greenhouses for the production of healthy seed tubers."

Welp. Guess I was wrong.