Newbie Mapper Questions

MetalHead_Owl

Hello everyone!

I've been playing PZ for about 4 years now (I created a Desura account specifically to buy PZ) and let me just say that it's one of my favourite games ever.
And now i've gotten a couple of friends playing with me. I actually bought it as a Christmas gift for a friend and it's a blast to survive the zed-apocalypse with buddies.

And we've decided to try and do what everyone would love to see. Their own neighbourhood in a game :D

I've used Thuztor's amazing guide for the mapping tools and i've managed to create my house!

n5AHvEk.png

For comparison:

pno6OAC.jpg

I'm starting to teach my friends how to use the mapping tools so we can all build the map together but I still have some questions that i'm sure some of you more experienced mappers can help me with:

• We would like to create our neighbourhood, but we'd possibly look to expand it to reach another friend's house. If we start a map, say 6x6 cells, could we expand it further and add like 5 cells horizontally/vertically?
  • Can I create "half-walls" (similar in function to fences/railings)? The idea is easier shown than explained:

MY8n00c.png

I have that, but it's a full wall. How can I make it a "half-wall", something akin to a railing?

• About lighting, what do I need to do so that if the building has power, you can turn the lights on and off? Just add the switch to the walls? Will the ones marked in red work?

Ac7ghfF.png

That's all I can remember right now. Thanks!