Military Zombies and Armored

lightiggy

These zombies will not be superhuman. They would be just ordinary zombies, wearing anywhere from motorcycle helmets to military body armor and helmets so good luck killing them. :)

Military zombies-They MAY be wearing bullet resistant vests and/or helmets

As zombies really only need their brains (you all know that) the vests will only be useful when they are dead, the real problem is their helmets. If a zombie is wearing a military helmet, it will be somewhat harder to kill them. A player will be required to do one of these things somehow knock the helmet off, stab the zombie in the brain, shoot through their helmets at close range(this would make the helmets useless when the zombie is dead however as the helmets are now pierced and useless), or do an attack powerful enough to smash through the helmet(ex. a sledgehammer)

For the bottom two-Fortunately these helmets will give no protection from bullets

Zombie with bike helmets-Not much tougher than the average zombie, you just got to hit them a little harder or maybe get a few more hits in

Zombie with motorcycle helmet-Unlike bike helmets and military helmets, these can't be knocked off, and the zombie can't be stabbed in the face because its a motorcycle helmet

There is a UPSIDE to this-As the motorcycle helmet is covering the zombie's face, they are unable to bite you, however they can still scratch you

This will leave a player to either shoot through the helmet or smash through the helmet

What are you guys thoughts on this???

This would be a much more realistic scenario because there could be some random person biking and then they get bitten and turn into a zombie while still having their bike helmet on

Yeah it has been discussed and I think it is doable but the negatives should be heavy. IE body armor is hot and bulky so adding 4-6 weight for bulkiness and additional 30 heat would out way trying to wear it at all times other than heavy fighting.

This would put it out of range for people who are weak and give a reason to try and grab the strength options if you want to do alot of melee.

This was discussed lots of times. I think in the commonly suggested suggestions armour was an (m) for maybe.

We seen helmets in a past mondoid, so i guess that (m) passed to confirmed.

Also the devs did say that we might get those infected with their clothes on related to their jobs, so we might see zombies with helmets or some kind of armor.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I would like this kind of idea, provided it doesn't make the zombies like too overpowered. I think it would be good immersion as well when fort knox is added so that we can see military zombies that could have say armor and or helmets.

I think what you can do maybe for both helmets is make it where it will take a lot more hits with a melee weapon or say a few more shots from gun and what not, they could maybe take an idea how a similar zombie survival game Unturned does it. With their military like zombies it takes a good two or three shots to the head with a pistol and with like a bat it takes like 3-4 hits.

I think the body armor part is kind of useless since it will mainly be used for just looks since with zomboid there really isn't aiming that much and normally with a gun or melee weapon you are normally targeting their head, so the boy armor will never get hit.

^ It might be cool if you could wrap yourself in duct tape as a kind of homemade body armor. Was thinking about the whole body armor on zombies thing in terms of bullet deflection, but if we're talking about things you might see zombies walking around wearing, you'd definitely be seeing former survivors who have since succumbed, and they could be wearing something like that. Some kind of bite/scratch resistant clothing alterations. Zombie movies have definitely done duct tape armor, I can't remember where I saw it specifically, but I know I have, just on limbs and things, and duct tape already exists in the game, obviously. It might be cool to be able to wrap yourself up using a couple of rolls to maybe add something like a temporary thick skin buff, maybe that just lasts for a couple scuffles and then you have to do it again. Or maybe add something else that's necessary to do it aside from just duct tape, so that it doesn't just become routine, but something you're actively trying to find. I don't know what that could be exactly though. Maybe something rigid you'd put inside of it?

• 5 years later...
On 1/8/2016 at 11:12 PM, nickodemos said:

Yeah it has been discussed and I think it is doable but the negatives should be heavy. IE body armor is hot and bulky so adding 4-6 weight for bulkiness and additional 30 heat would out way trying to wear it at all times other than heavy fighting.

This would put it out of range for people who are weak and give a reason to try and grab the strength options if you want to do alot of melee.

I do agree that 15kg or more weight for a full set of clothing padded with leather is a pretty bad trade-off for someone without the strength perk although the heat can easily be negated by just having yourself soaked/wet or being in the rain so its not much of a bother I'm even playing in a hot world climate as an example of the late game.image.thumb.png.ac58444780bfad6022fd4507553e842e.png