Proning and Ghillie Suits

lightiggy

I can guarantee SOMEONE has suggested this before but can you guys add proning and stealth suits?

It would provide massive amounts of stealth reduce sound and provide extra cover from gunfire.

Ghillie Suits-

Self-Made-Provides Some camoflage (craftable)

Military Grade-Quality camoflage-Bullet resistant cloth vest also provides extra protection

I don't know about Ghillie suits. I don't think it's necessary. Proning may be in the game because there's an upcoming stealth system. That being said, proning should only be for scouting an area with binoculars to provide extra cover. Not moving, otherwise most people would probably play it like the new Battlefields proning everywhere.

Prone as a hide mechanic as a passing vehicle's lights warn you of danger? Yes.

I kind of bite my tounge when people talk about this, not because it's not tact or exists in reality (It's both of those) but because if anything it would be more realistic for camouflaged hunting clothes instead of "military-grade Ghillie Suits" as this is Kentucky and Fort Knox and military establishments are a bit far in the future (and may not stock those to begin with, although I could and probably am wrong).

Self-made camo can be interesting, whether it is smearing dirt on your face or wearing drab colors, but I think "self-made" Ghillie suits may be pushing the bounds a bit.

Whenever any bit of clothing gets a massive advantage over others, I just hate the outcome. Every player fights over the "high end gear" and every late game MP player just walks around in one of them all day. 

At the very least, make them make your player uncomfortable.

That's really true. I'd hate for one guy/girl to be OP. Everything should have big downsides so that things are "only fit for the situation". So they wouldn't be wearing them constantly, only when it's necessary, even though I don't like ghillie suits to be in the game personally.

I kind of bite my tounge when people talk about this, not because it's not tact or exists and reality (It's both of those) but because if anything it would be more realistic for camouflaged hunting clothes instead of "military-grade Ghillie Suits" as this is Kentucky and Fort Knox and military establishments are a bit far in the future (and may not stock those to begin with, although I could and probably am wrong).

Agree 100%

I dont see Project Zomboid as a military gear type of game, is more of a civilian side of the game with some (in the future) military stuff in.

Finding hunting clothes in the cabbines or some houses would be cool, since we already have the hunting grounds and all that, i am sure we might see that later on, a guy in full hunter gear will be easy to spot in the middle of town, so it could be good to find the right clothes for some situations. 

I don't think ghillie suits are needed and they probably wouldn't be useful. Although I can think of lots of of clothes I would like to see in PZ.

I think being able to kneel down and move crouched down would be great. I'm not too keen on going prone/lying down and crawling. It would be nice to have but not really needed.

• 3 weeks later...