Onto Louiseville WARNING! UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD

Blake81

As I've been spending more time listening to the radio in the current IWBUMS, I've noticed that a lot of stuff happened near Louiseville; stuff that SHOULD appear on said map once it's added.

If you kept listening to the LBMW and Knox talk, you know that the military had one big perimeter base near Louiseville, which served as refugee camp as well as an evacuation point. This is where General McScrotum was, which eventually ended up being overrun by Zed, and the military pulled out.

I think that these places should appear on the map, and often contain loot that cannot be found anywhere else. I know that Military Aid is up there at the BIG NO! list, but these places should show up just because they're now canon, and we don't expect for the military to be armed with just pistols and hunting rifles. It should be one of the very few places where one may be able to find military-grade stuff, be it assault rifles, grenades (the Pipe Bomb is pretty much a grenade, so why not?), US COMM HAM Radios, Army Walkie-Talkie, Military Backpacks, stashes of medicine, MRE Rations, etc. And by the time vehicles are added, we could even find Army Jeeps (The good ol' and mighty Willy M151, with its great reliability, decent speed and low fuel consumption.) and maybe Military Ambulances (as the place was, after all, a medical station to threat the sick and wounded).

In fact, I even have a pretty solid image of this place in my mind....

Surrounded by a pre-built concrete wall topped by barbed wire, with a few blockades with maybe a guard tower on the road leading to it, half a dozen of army-green trailers (some barracks, one COMM station, one Medical Station, a few armories and one Command Center) surrounded by tarp tents, some big like open-air medical stations, with beds, IV stands and cardiac monitors (bonus if many are full of bloodstains, covered in quarantine yellow tape and with corpses strewn around), and some small and containing bunk beds and the like. And of course, carnage; the whole place would be strewn with corpses, specially near the barricades and medical stations, bloodstains covering the walls and evidence of gunfire and explosions. Also, a Heli-Pad with a destroyed army helicopter on it would be a nice touch (to show that no Evac is coming).

Of course, such a loot-filled place would become a more obvious target to survivors than the GIGA Mart and Cortman Medical. So, in order to make things balanced, this place would come with the deadliest contraption ever seen; an always-active military grade siren (think of an air raid alarm) that would go off whenever someone entered the camp. It would NOT STOP after a while unlike house alarms, and it would have a radius far bigger, dragging Zed from even more faraway places. There would be also no way to disable it, and it would keep working even after power fails. It would only turn itself off after a while since the survivors left the place.

This would make the place a sort of ''Loot and run'' place. Grab all you can, and get away before the Zeds the siren's drawing trap you with no escape. This would make the risk of going into such a place something that every survivor would think twice.

Wadda ya guys think of this? I'd love to hear a Dev's opinion on such idea...

The siren seems pretty gamey. Why not just make it dangerous by filling it with zombies?

Because just filling it with Zed would make it no different from other places, which can be fully cleared (with some effort) and then fully cleaned of loot. The main idea of the siren is to make it impossible for single well-equipped survivor or a team of such to fully clear the place and take all of the loot. And more importantly, to avoid people from turning it into a safehouse, as it would be rather OP.

The siren seems pretty gamey. Why not just make it dangerous by filling it with zombies?

Because just filling it with Zed would make it no different from other places, which can be fully cleared (with some effort) and then fully cleaned of loot. The main idea of the siren is to make it impossible for single well-equipped survivor or a team of such to fully clear the place and take all of the loot. And more importantly, to avoid people from turning it into a safehouse, as it would be rather OP.

Same thing happens with the mall, good luck trying to clean it out, you need manpower and resources or do some whacky tactic to clean it by yourself.

I would go with fill it with zombies and NPCs trying to gain stuff from it, is far more realistic to find a overrun military post and see other NPCs trying to raid it, making it difficult, than a never ending siren.

Well, you may have a point there. I've never gone to the Mall outside the ''Opening Hours'' challenge, so maybe such a thing would work.

Still, I would've wanted something more unique for such a story-related location...

Well, you may have a point there. I've never gone to the Mall outside the ''Opening Hours'' challenge, so maybe such a thing would work.

Still, I would've wanted something more unique for such a story-related location...

I do get your point, but is no story, i guess is lore or canon? Like Fort Knox, we know is important and is going to play some role, but at the end of the day, lets say you survive 1 year, what is going to be left in Fort Knox? 

Nothing but ruins coverd in grass, dead bodies, either dead NPCs or Zombies that were killed by a group of NPCs trying to fight their way in.

Let the world tell its story by events that happen in-game, is better to see something that naturally happen than see something that was meant to be like that since the beginning.