Relaxing in a shower

AnthonyDoKo

My friend had the idea of adding basic showers to the game. Not as a Sims hygiene type thing, but as a way to relieve stress and depression. It would feel very immersive and humanizing for the character to be like "I really want to just take a shower"

The implementation seems like it would be easy, the hardest part being the new animations. Also, I was disappointed a long while back when I first found a yoyo and couldn't use it. Being able to do small things like that would make it feel a lot more like a real world. Obviously there are more important things to do right now, but thought I'd throw this out there(mainly the shower bit, as making usable items is sort of obvious).

My friend had the idea of adding basic showers to the game. Not as a Sims hygiene type thing, but as a way to relieve stress and depression. It would feel very immersive and humanizing for the character to be like "I really want to just take a shower"

The implementation seems like it would be easy, the hardest part being the new animations. Also, I was disappointed a long while back when I first found a yoyo and couldn't use it. Being able to do small things like that would make it feel a lot more like a real world. Obviously there are more important things to do right now, but thought I'd throw this out there(mainly the shower bit, as making usable items is sort of obvious).

+1 for hygene

I agree that deep hygene system is not needed but something like your idea + if you are dirty you get highrt infection chance and if you are clean you get + trust with NPCs would be nice addition to PZ

This would be great to also help speed up recovery from wounds. IE a cleaner body heals faster than one covered in grime. But the added draw back would be that you would smell of soap and the zombies would home in on you for a few days after a shower.

The give but take thing PZ is famous for.

I love this Idea, in fact, I proposed a very similar idea a couple of years ago. I think it's important to not make it a gamy quick fix.So you would have to heat water etc. and it would be quite a hassle to get the shower/bath ready. 

• 5 months later...
On 1/3/2016 at 4:59 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

I'm hopeful this is the type of "hygeine" TIS wants to implement.

Yeah, this sounds like a pretty good idea, and seems more in line with what I perceive TIS wants to implement. I'm not entirely against stuff like hygiene.. I don't think it'd be too awkward. Like what are the things for hygiene? Showering/bathing, Teeth brushing, pooping/peeing. (Don't judge me if I can't remember any more) But I think those are the basics of hygiene that should be added considering it's probably good to maintain considering you're in a disease infested world with blood spilling everywhere. It could be very awkward for some though, but I feel it'd be good for immersion. And I'd just honestly find it entertaining, and think of some funny scenarios where a zombie just pops in when you're on the toilet xD... I"m a bit obscure like that. I forgot exactly why hygiene is a "No" on the commonly suggest list. Not demanding it, just giving my 2-cents on the topic. Probably gonna look for that forum argument that explains that's floating around somewhere. But this would prolly be a good idea considering this sounds more like what TIS wants and overall seems in the best interests of most ppl.

Edited by EchelontheEyeless