DrEVOPVP

First of all I don't want to start a keyboard warrior fourm post about this

I simply want to know about the NPCs you guys keep promising them soon, but later in the post not so soon. I haven't heard a single update about NPCs in a while. I think this will be the best feature to come out. In my opinion. If so I just want to know how it is going and a offical release date or a estimated release date.

Gonna save everyone the trobule by quoting Enigma from the thread in reddit:

The last update was on August 24th:

** “How is the progress with NPCs? Which obstacles have to be overcome for the finishing line? What tasks remain left to be done?”**

Lemmy: Right now the thing mainly holding back the NPCs is the new animation system. It’s a fundamental shift in the way the characters control, both to play and from a code perspective. It just became clear a lot of time was being wasted in implementing NPC behaviours when everything was set to change. As such the decision was made to move the NPC codebase over to the new animation system, so that they can be built in tandem and all future NPC development happens on the new animation base. We’re steadily getting all our little ducks in a row.

However . . . (reposted from a previous comment)

There've also been a few forum posts the past few months that may be interesting to those following along with the project, but may have been missed:

The tl;dr is "We know we're slow, but we're not going to compromise by rushing them into the game, or rushing the game to completion. NPCs always being worked on, and no one wants them out there more than us."

one other thing not mentioned above, The Indie Stone will NOT give an ETA on them.

they know better than to give false hope like that. even mentioning them at all gets everyone worked up, with some people choosing to actually try to bash them for taking the time to get them done right.

they will be ready when they are ready.

I never realized how worked up people get over this... But man, looking over that steam thread, just wow. Been playing since 2013, absolutely tonnes of progress in the past 2 years and it's really accelerated this year. I'd like to see NPCs too but tbh ever after 350+ hours I still haven't done everything I can do in this game nor have I broke a year of in-game survival. Think I bought it for like 4 other people so far too and that was after initially pirating it out of curiosity. I realized after almost 36 hours of sitting at my keyboard that 36 hours had passed and promptly bought it for being such a well made game.

I never even knew that they made this game and it's engine entirely from scratch or that it was only 4 programmers working on the code. Gotta say, it's great to see Mash's hard work on the script finally being implemented and I absolutely can't wait to see Louisville. The animation update is what I'm really looking forward to. I'll never get over that guy running into the wall, it will be the very first thing I do. Great work so far guys, I've lived in Canada for 9 years and I play PZ back home with a friend I went to school with in Ireland. It's a really great game and it's not even 3/4 done!! 

The only complaint I have is that it's made me feel like other survival games don't have enough depth or complexity. At the moment there are only a handful of games that rank with PZ in terms of content, gameplay and depth.

The Dead Linger, to me, is "the worst development team". They charged so much money to something as broken as TDL, then gave up the game, if I had bought that, I would be extremely upset. Plus, their updates were random and had no "Mondoid" type deal. Did anyone get money back from that game? 

I spent a fiver on PZ in 2011 and that's far less than its current worth right now. I know they'll come out sometime, and we'll be (or I'll be) laughing in those people's faces of how quick they were to judge a dev team that hasn't given up over, now 5 years. Even though I'd say it's four years considering the engine update all through 2012 and released on 2013, maybe three years? Personally if I was making the game, I'd genuinely have given up by now because I'd be worn out.

I've lived in Canada for 9 years and I play PZ back home with a friend I went to school with in Ireland. It's a really great game and it's not even 3/4 done!! 

I live in Ireland, cool. :P

why are people so crazy bout NPCs? they should be the last thing that are added to a Alpha game. If they add NPCs now they will have to update them every time something else is updated. Yes, I want them don't get me wrong but, adding them now will create more problems down the road. I think we should all just wait, "the suspense is always better/worse than the actual event."

EDIT: and TDL had a weekly blog that was released every Friday.

Oh, well anyway, my point is still valid comparing TIS to a bad developer.

Because they're hyped massively. What you said us what's currently happening, they're being updated in tandem with everything else. But we're excited. NPCs, we very much hope, will change Project Zomboid for better and bring the most interesting and refreshing scenarios, all going as planned.

It can get annoying seeing the amount of NPC threads that were posted within days of each other, but I'm hoping that TIS will take it not as stress, but support to them after all these years. We're patient. :D

I admit, the wait on NPC's is the one thing that has me not playing this as often, since I tend to play single player, I just..It felt like it was getting stale, though that being said I have not played in a good few builds, (*last played may 31st of 2015 according to steam*) And I just...I keep waiting, and it will be wonderful when they are added and I feel I can play this again, I just got bored trying to do it all on my own....and MUltiplayer I don't really know anyone who owns this game and wants to play it often because well, they are waiting on NPC's too XD