The translation bug thread

RobertJohnson

And finded new ones :) (Fixed health screen "Apply Cataplasm")

cWyk8rs.png

Window/doors open close info bar.

if you use -debugtranslation as one of the .bat files' starting conditions, "Info", "Apply Cataplasm", Journal buttons etc (Not sure about arrow pointers, but positive) are already available for translation.

I already used -debugtranslation. I fixed it. I writed lowercase this buttons and problem was fixed.

UI_Cancel and UI_Ok.

But paint signs are not translatable.

Lots of stuff that cannot be translated...  (UPDATED 13-01-16)

c9015169b27f489cd013c37ddcd689f5.png cf2d189939f5f81ae550b9f4737940ef.png

4e66e94ecc511dbc44c2890927d1949e.png

d618e6d5627b46a070b925c12a49bf9c.png

4c8e0c0ca391fd4714e99477b751ddb9.png

and obviously...

0ed921d52ee469a8e274aa525d05f7ef.png

All text regarding radios, tv's...

Adding to this list:

aZxlN4O.png

0O9Te9k.jpg

Also have been applied for a long time to "Choose map as a spawn" in map selection screen, but I forgot if that's still present in new versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MP all plant names can not be translated, SP Normal

I second this, in Multiplayer some things are not translated while in Single everything is ok.

Moreover I have to report this

nHnPJfF.jpg

and while loading a game, some of the lines at the bottom of the screen are not translated (something like map loading and so on). Cannot provide screenshot because they load too fast. Nothing of top importance though.

Peace

• 4 weeks later...

I've found something in the traits : Emaciated and Underweight have the exact same description. What should we do?

Edit : another thing I have noticed, related to items and recipes. We have a can of bolognese, we can open the canned bolognese, however when it's opened it becomes an open can of spaghetti bolognese. So my question is: is this actually a can of bolognese sauce, or canned spaghetti with bolognese? Could be an inconsistency, or I could have missed something. But it would change the way I'd translate it (and what to expect from a nutritional point of view).

Edited by Teesee
Additional questions

1 minute ago, DemirHerif said:

-debugtranslation line is not working. No translationProblems.txt file appear in /Zomboid folder. (IWBUMS 34.11) Anyone got a problem with it ?

Do you mean adding it into the dedicated field in the steam properties? 

A few builds ago, the translation debug file disappeared and I had to add the line directly into the game's .bat launcher to have my own debugger. No problems ever since. Maybe give it a try? 

Try following these steps :

1. Go into your ProjectZomboid folder in your Steam directory
  2. Locate either ProjectZomboid32.bat or ProjectZomboid64.bat depending on your system (32-bits or 64-bits)
  3. Copy it into the same folder and rename it (mine is called "translation debugger")
  4. Open this new file with a text editor (Notepad or alike)
  5. At the end of line 4 (starting with ".\jre64\bin\java.exe" or ".\jre\bin\java.exe"), add -debugtranslation
  6. Save and close

If you use this .bat file to launch the game (it will only work if it's in the ProjectZomboid folder, but you can create a shortcut), it should work as before and create a translationproblems file into the user\zomboid directory.

Edited by Teesee

13 minutes ago, Teesee said:

Try following these steps :

1. Go into your ProjectZomboid folder in your Steam directory
  2. Locate either ProjectZomboid32.bat or ProjectZomboid64.bat depending on your system (32-bits or 64-bits)
  3. Copy it into the same folder and rename it (mine is called "translation debugger")
  4. Open this new file with a text edit (Notepad or alike)
  5. At the end of line 4 (starting with ".\jre64\bin\java.exe" or ".\jre\bin\java.exe"), add -debugtranslation
  6. Save and close

If you use this .bat file to launch the game (it will only work if it's in the ProjectZomboid folder, but you can create a shortcut), it should work as before and create a translationproblems file into the user\zomboid directory.

It worked, thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, DemirHerif said:

Turkish language needs Latin Extended characters such as Ö,Ç,Ğ,Ü,İ,Ş but "Shout" (and radio texts) font does not include this characters.

How to fix this?

Same with Polish. If a character reads a book that he had already read there is also a text displayed over the character and it does not display Polish diacritic signs: ŻÓŁĆĘŚĄŹŃ żółćęśąźń

• 1 month later...
On 2016/4/11 at 3:03 AM, DemirHerif said:

Turkish language needs Latin Extended characters such as Ö,Ç,Ğ,Ü,İ,Ş but "Shout" (and radio texts) font does not include this characters.

How to fix this?

On 2016/4/11 at 3:50 AM, Geras said:

Same with Polish. If a character reads a book that he had already read there is also a text displayed over the character and it does not display Polish diacritic signs: ŻÓŁĆĘŚĄŹŃ żółćęśąźń

You can use Bmfont to create custom fonts to extend