Low graphic settings, can't see doors.

silents429

Question

Hey so I have to play the game on the low lighting, but when I look downward towards doors they turn invisible like the walls do, So I have to constantly go back and forth between the high lighting and low lighting to open some doors.

Nothing major, I did die though do to lag from it since, I couldn't get ctrl fast enough.

But it seems like on low lighting doors are treated like walls, um. Be nice if it didn't since its annoying.

So is this part of the game or is it something on my end?

10 answers to this question

Shaders were turned off by default aparantly.

Intel HD graphics 1000

Processor is i3 intel

Windows 7 64bit

4gb of ram.

Now do your magic. Because it ain't video memory option. And honeslty not much for graphic settings. Its weird it has the character turning black bug that Minecraft had too.

@silents429 I actually use an Intel HD graphics on one of my laptops. I'm not trying to make Intel (or their integrated line) into a pariah- in fact, as I've posted before, I think integrated graphics is absolutely the future of computers (and gaming).

I just don't think it's there yet, and the 1000 especially. It's a bottom of the line graphics solution, and I'd compare it to other bottom of the line cards. As has been pointed out before, graphics cards aren't exactly optimized for dealing with 2D anymore and it causes some weird errors. In any case, I'm not trying to ostracize the card but I do think that it may be the issue.

Edit: And, after further research, the HD 1000 especially benchmarks much lower than it should compared to other similar graphics solutions.

Try disabling shaders in the game options and setting your graphics to different settings? This isn't the first I've heard of this bug, but if you could post in some more detail it would be helpful. Memory, OS, graphics card at the least.

Any card is incapable of supporting OpenGL fully, particularly when it comes to available drivers.

Intel is just currently the most common fail-point for this game.

You can try disabling OpenGL triple buffering and disabling antialiasing, as well as ensuring all settings are set to "performance" over quality. It's unlikely to help much.

Who remembers that one other thing I'm forgetting?

Im curious now. 2D game I have another intel card (GMA 965) its old but can handle 2D games greatly. I just need to know what openGL version Zomboid requires. Since I ran the game on this card back before they updated the sprites with better animation.

And the intel HD series drivers disallow the ability to adjust opengl settings. For some reason.

Well it's probably the HD 1000. It's an abysmally low quality integrated graphics, so it may just be slightly below what the game is going to support. We'll see what happens, but I'm not sure that there's gonna be a fix. I suggest going back to the old forums and searching the support there, though, as I know I saw this bug crop up at least once or twice.

I am going to prevent myself from throwing a tantrum, But no its not the damn Intel Card.

All intel cards BEFORE intel HD 1000 deserve that crap. But the intel HD series is the intergrated cards done right. In intels case anyway. It may be of low quality but not for this game. It supports OpenGl 2.1 fully and 89% of 30 according the utility downloaded from there site.

People really have to lose the mindset of intel cards being incapable of handling anything more graphically challenging then little facebook games.

Now all things aside. Thank you Onto, I will try that right now. Makes a world of difference.

Archived