Electricity?

PZ-NOOB

In this game electricity means nothing to me, all it does is keep lights on, fridges humming and cookers cooking. Fridges yeah there ok but after all the foods perished fridges mean very little (don't like farming), ovens are good for cooking but there are BBQ's and camp fires to replace them when the powers gone, and lights? all they do for me is look pretty.

I want new and interesting ways to use electricity, charging battery's, powering long range radios, making electric traps, maybe a fence that kills (or seriously injures) you when you try to climb it when electricity's going through it, electric doors that are stronger than your average door, cameras that adds cones of vision where they are pointing or in a window, electric traps. What do you guys think about electricity? Do we need more options with it?

Electric fences are extremely expensive in watt-hours and while the generator appears to work on an On/Off principle I'm somewhat opposed.

Charging batteries I'm all for.

I don't know how "electric doors" would work, but motorized metal doors, perhaps?

As for cameras, the idea I like is having a vision cone each way a camera points while you're pointing at a TV. The TV works like a window that happens to point in more than one direction.