Trapping mod

peanuts

TRAPPING MOD FOR PZ v2.9.9.17

By Thuztor (sprites & textures), Nelolis (scripting) and Peanuts (code)

Well, time to dig out this mod from the old PZ forum!

uiml.jpg

OK. So, you're feeling like a trapper :D ? Ok let see that...
This mod will let you place traps for catching some meaty and delicious preys.

DOWNLOAD LINK

HOW TO USE THIS MOD

When installing this mod, you'll have in your inventory a rat trap, a box trap (something like that) and carrots for the bait.
What you have to do is right click in some place and choose in hunting menu one of the two options (place rat trap or place box trap). Once done, you'll have to craft some carrots slices (right click on carrots item) to make some baits. Then, right click on the trap you just placed and in the hunting menu, choose the option "load trap with" and carrots slice will appear in the submenu. Once the trap loaded (note that you can unload the trap by right clicking on a loaded trap), you just have to wait if some stupid cute animal will fall into the trap :) If this is the case (you'll see that the trap's texture has changed), you just have to right click (one more time :) ) on the trap and then choose the "retrieve" option.
Simple ? Yes. But be careful. Choose wisely places for your traps otherwise your chances to catch something will be thin.

ACTUAL MOD CONTENT
  • Rat trap : this trap can catch rats and chipmunks (don't ask me why I choose chipmunks :D ). More chance to catch rats in urban zones. Best is in houses (near wall). More chance to catch chipmunks when placed in countryside.
  • Box trap : this trap can catch rabbits and squirrel. For both, placing trap in countryside, far from houses is good idea. Near trees is good choice to catch squirrels.
  • New recipes and items : rabbit, chipmunk, squirrel, carrots slices, cheese slices, apple slices, steak slices for making baits (the 2 last need knife/axe/saw to be crafted).

PLANNED CONTENT

• Preys will disapear (escape or eaten) if not taken early
  • Traps will become worn over time and can be damaged (by zeds, predators, etc.)
  • Add field dressing (skinning and gutting)
  • More traps :D
  • More animals, lures, recipes, items (like fures, etc.)
  • Add trapping and skinning skills and add books/magazines/etc. for learning new trap crafting recipes. Some traps will need a certain level in trapping skill to be crafted.
  • More accurate calculation of chances to catch animals (if needed)

As you can see, nothing really new since the last version except the fact that there's now textures for traps items and zeds no more attack traps like if they was doors or windows.

Keep in mind that's still WIP. So expect bugs, gameplay balance problems, inconsistency on certain points.
Any feedback is welcome :)

Yes it can be done. But first, for now we focus on traps for catching something to eat :)

And finally, on second thought, your idea should be a mod in its own. I mean that a trap is maybe not the best solution. If you want to lure zeds, you probably want to use something that you can activate when you want, and not randomly. The first thing I think about is an alarm clock :)

Yes it can be done. But first, for now we focus on traps for catching something to eat :)

And finally, on second thought, your idea should be a mod in its own. I mean that a trap is maybe not the best solution. If you want to lure zeds, you probably want to use something that you can activate when you want, and not randomly. The first thing I think about is an alarm clock :)

Erm...

I often eat zombies...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...