Pushable and pullable carts and wagons

Pwnlord

Pushable, pullable carts, travois, wagons, and other, similar items would be really, really nice. Especially for moving around Logs, Gas Cas, Propane Tanks, and equally heavy items.

It'd also be nice to be able to move Gas Grills and Charcoal Grills similarly; they've got wheels on 'em for a reason.

While shopping carts can be a bit noisy-rattly on asphalt or gravel, quiet on concrete or dirt-I'd imagine Radio Flyer or tire-and-rim pull wagons would be quieter. Travois would be noisy on concrete, gravel or asphalt but near silent on grass, sand and dirt.

They'd also make a long-term replacement for cars once the gas runs out.

To recap:

1065653-shopping_cart.jpg

Loud on some terrain, high cargo capacity, light and quick to move, but requires using both hands.

Radio_Flyer_Wagon.jpg

Slightly noisy, low cargo capacity, but light and quick to move. Requires one hand free to pull.

858_SpeedWay_26__4c420122bc1bb.jpg

Quiet on all terrain, high cargo capacity, but heavy. Requires one hand free to pull.

Travois-with-parallel-poles.jpg

Loud on some terrains, medium cargo capacity, heavy and slow. Requires both hands to pull.

Thoughts?

I like the idea. but while it would no doubt be more quiet on dirt and grass, depending on how heavily loaded it would also probably be a lot harder to push.

Even if just something for logs. Getting lots of wood for construction is really tedious right now, especially by yourself.

Considering this feature already exists on NEO Scavenger (and works damn well), I'd say that yes, it's a great idea.

This could serve as the thing we need to start moving around those beds, couches, shelves, large tables and desks we can't yet move because they take two squares.

Another disadvantage of it, however, would be that you wouldn't be able to run while pulling them.

You used to be able to do that with the plastic garbage cans in one of the later builds that used the old map. Or maybe it was a mod? I can't remember. Not sure why they ditched it though. It was nice to have a moveable storage container like that. Especially for moving houses.

Breaks with map streaming; needs to be rewritten with it in mind. It'll probably be back at some point, considering Turbo's work.