Need Help Modding Weight

ShuiYin

Hi i recently created a few txt files inside the "scripts" folder which replace some of the base items in game. i have suceeded in setting the weight value to 0 for all the ammo types and also the canned foods and sweets.

then i hit an anomaly i created a HYitemGardening.txt that contains these lines

module Base

{

item CarrotBagSeed

{

Type = Normal,

Weight = 0,

DisplayName = Carrot Seeds Packet,

Icon = TZ_SeedpackCarrots,

}

item BroccoliBagSeed

{

Type = Normal,

Weight = 0,

DisplayName = Broccoli Seeds Packet,

Icon = TZ_SeedpackBroccoli,

}

item RedRadishBagSeed

{

Type = Normal,

DisplayName = Radish Seeds Packet,

Icon = TZ_SeedpackLRRadish,

Weight = 0,

}

item StrewberrieBagSeed

{

Type = Normal,

DisplayName = Strawberries Seeds Packet,

Icon = TZ_SeedpackStrewberries,

Weight = 0,

}

item TomatoBagSeed

{

Type = Normal,

DisplayName = Tomato Seeds Packet,

Icon = TZ_SeedpackTomatoes,

Weight = 0,

}

item PotatoBagSeed

{

Type = Normal,

DisplayName = Potato Seeds Packet,

Icon = TZ_SeedpackPotatoes,

Weight = 0,

}

item CabbageBagSeed

{

Type = Normal,

DisplayName = Cabbage Seeds Packet,

Icon = TZ_SeedpackCabbageLettuce,

Weight = 0,

}

item HandShovel

{

Type = Normal,

DisplayName = Trowel,

Icon = TZ_GardenTrowel,

Weight = 0,

}

item GardeningSprayEmpty

{

Type = Normal,

DisplayName = Gardening Spray Can (Empty),

Icon = TZ_GardeningSprayCan,

Weight = 0,

ReplaceOnUseOn = WaterSource-GardeningSprayFull,

CanStoreWater = true,

}

item WateredCan

{

Type = Normal,

DisplayName = Watering Can,

Icon = TZ_WateringCan,

Weight = 0,

ReplaceOnUseOn = WaterSource-WateredCanFull,

CanStoreWater = true,

}

/************************ List End ************************/

}

but the above it did not work. " :( "

I tried modifying the indiestone game file "farming.txt" and it works and the weight of the brocolli seed packets was set to 0.

I did not like altering vanilla game files and is baffled as to why my line of script works for my other food items.

I am really new to this modding thing and really need guidance from the more enlightened :P (btw i havent tried putting the seeds scripting lines inside the "HYitemFood.txt" that contain all my canned food maybe will try it later)

Thx b4

ShuiYin

Hi Suomiboi thanks for trying to help me with this. I found out that the module they used for gardening.txt is different than the rest (module gardening and not the usual module base) so when i replace the module to gardening it now works and all my seed packets now has 0 weight. Im really new here so thanks for the tip on the code brackets i will use it next time.

Hi Suomiboi thanks for trying to help me with this. I found out that the module they used for gardening.txt is different than the rest (module gardening and not the usual module base) so when i replace the module to gardening it now works and all my seed packets now has 0 weight. Im really new here so thanks for the tip on the code brackets i will use it next time.

Positively suggested to do that next time, example i didn't even start reading the code lines because i get headache for reading messy text like that :geek: But glad you could solve that out!

Positively suggested to do that next time, example i didn't even start reading the code lines because i get headache for reading messy text like that :geek: But glad you could solve that out!

Hi sorry for the mess. I actually posted a new thread in the help section asking for a better solution for reducing weight for many items. I used the code brackets this time :P