When do we get crouch,crawl and hide ?

Painkins

We are already in Beta and we can hid under beds or in closets,we cant crawl or crouch behind stuff to avoid that zombies see us when we walk from one point to another.......

please  devs say us is it even possible with an 2D (chest like) engine to do it or must we wait for Zomboid 2 on an 3d engine ?

We are already in Beta and we can hid under beds or in closets,we cant crawl or crouch behind stuff to avoid that zombies see us when we walk from one point to another.......

please  devs say us is it even possible with an 2D (chest like) engine to do it or must we wait for Zomboid 2 on an 3d engine ?

in animation build so it will be b34 or 35 depends if creative mode gets seperate build.

Probably not possible on current engine, though LOS calculations are already being done. Might be able to add hiding later.

and the problem for me here is,that i heard this answer the third time in the last 2 years......

I can see how the engine works buy using the pick up and put down function for stuff like chairs in-game..... the chests like 2d engine cant interpreted stuff like moveable when bushed and stable when not objects.

So i think cars would even impossible to make in-game because the engine must render very fast

when someone climb trough an window and on the inside of the house is an table or something the engine make it without collisions model so we don't get stuck in it after the climbing in animation is done......

All this means

the engine we see here is 100% static and its need specific command before we spawn or it need a long time to render something we change.

Like build something or move something.

i see some other specific things in-game that shows me the limitation of this engine.

there is no real height in this game.

Everything is on 1 Level.

why ? because when i walk by an house that is very high i can see what is on the roof.

because for the engine the roof is on the same level only invincible walls let you feel you must take the stairs to get up.

because of this specific engine i can sometimes open doors between walls/rooms

So the engine is like an big chess plate with tiny areas on it that's because you cant sometimes very near an wall and sometimes you can

because the walls are placed ad the edges of the tiny areas some has an tiny area that blocks you from moving over it but the other side of the wall

has it not so you can make/take/use things trough an wall sometimes when you are on the right side.

The engine is more or less 2d layers that interact in rules with each other

I think you're gonna be surprised.

i think not....... when you invest secretly in an real 3d engine that looks like this engine but has all 3d element that would surprise me

but now...... i see an lot of alpha and beta games in full self made und AAA engines and the most of them have very fast hit thier physical limits or cant even hit 1% of what the engine can .

The game engine is already 3d. At this point, we'll just have to say, if you're repeating suggestions, maybe take a break and come back when the game hits version 1.0. The devs have promised a set of features, and they're still working towards them, but it's taking time because a) they're not a huge AAA team, and b) they're big complex features.

Not sure this is going to go anywhere now, locked.