Opinions on my youtube series?

GoodSirs

I want to start off by saying this is NOT an advertisement. I'm not making this to put my channel out there to the big wide world I'm making it to see if the quality of my recording and commentary over the game are Good and if not I look out to you guys to give me some hints and tips on how to improve it. Here's a link(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-eCrSFq8Bi6dBf9o3JGLMslGtrY6hLX8) to the playlist there's not much out yet because i'd like to know if its Good enough to continue recording it. Thanks a bunch, Mark :)

(1): Reduce the length of your videos, if they need to be long in length than try to cut it down to the 30's. Project Zomboid Let's Plays in general certainly fit more into the category of Longplay segments but there's nothing wrong with trimming the fat. Cut down the more mundane parts of your play-through such as organizing the humble abode of your safe-house or travelling long extents with little to nothing really going on.

(2): Keep your audience stimulated. Commentary is one of the key factors in accruing your beloved audience (especially as they come to like your persona), but there is NO sound or music coming from the game itself from what I can see. The silence from that itself doesn't compliment your commentary very well and makes it rather mundane to watch. Incorporating the sounds & music from the game itself will significantly impact the quality of your videos. Let your viewers become immersed in the universe you're playing in, stimulate their senses!

=====

It looks like you've just started out, so don't expect to get many views / likes / subscribers starting from the ground up (unless you've got connections with BIGGER YouTubers). YouTube is a vast jungle, and there's literally millions of people like you and me who generally dwell as the bottom-feeders of content creation. Many YouTubers fail and give up because they make their content in hopes of achieving fame when they should really be doing this in good fun. Those who persist in their endeavors of entertaining whilst having fun in doing it are generally the ones to succeed.

I used to only get a subscriber every other month from 2014 to Mid-2015, but now it's every other day.

Learn from your experiences, be self-aware of the content you produce and see what you can do to make it better and your channel's success will rise. I'd advise staying away from creating 'Channel Intros' as they generally come off as corny, but if you have the resources to create a proper Outro (With a Subscribe Button & video panels that directly link to other / next episodes) then that will certainly help. I don't have an Outro myself because I don't have the resources to make such nor can I find some help. I've generally done everything from scratch due to this, but one cannot really complain when gaining experience to independently do things on your own, as helpful and appreciated it'd be to have external assistance.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors of survival in the zombie apocalypse.

The choice is yours. You don't really have an audience to begin with right now so starting over is an option for you; especially since first impressions are UNFORTUNATELY an everyday norm. It really comes down to what YOU want to do. It's your channel, you may not see much action in it so while that's the case you can use that time to gain experience. Generally deleting ALL or MOST of your content just because you felt that it could have been done better is not advised though. Your viewers will likely take notice of this and see you as an unstable content creator (coming from my experience from the 2014's).

There's nothing wrong with killing off a series that has gone unfinished for a great length of time though. Nobody likes unfinished, necrotic series, but some of the bigger channels seem to get away with this. They base their series according to the prerequisites they set for views / likes on their videos.

There's lots of people who put in a LOT of work into their content, yet they get little to no recognition whilst some people with HUGE channels who get a lot of recognition for doing very little / using others for their own gain. Don't let this get to you if you go down the YouTube path. Make sure that you're focused on your own life and needs over YouTube.

Would you suggest a do over with this feedback incorporated or would you suggest i just incorporate them mid season and annotate the videos?

I would suggest a do over taking his feedback, everything that can be said he said it well.

Trim down the length, cut down the parts where nothing of notice is going on (inventory management, going on long trips with nothing going on, stuff like that).

Also work on the commentary is priority. 

Yeah us humans can be quite a difficult bunch to please :/ I guess a do over is the best thing in this case since i'm already a couple hours in and the first video needs some tinkering. Thanks for the support too, it means a lot to actually receive another living person's opinion on my content :) I might be updating this forum with the new video if you guys wouldn't mind that? I know criticism can be variable between most individuals but as soon as i've got all the essentials ironed out in my series i'll be able to get the ball rolling :D 

I want to start off by saying this is NOT an advertisement. I'm not making this to put my channel out there to the big wide world I'm making it to see if the quality of my recording and commentary over the game are Good and if not I look out to you guys to give me some hints and tips on how to improve it. Here's a link(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-eCrSFq8Bi6dBf9o3JGLMslGtrY6hLX8) to the playlist there's not much out yet because i'd like to know if its Good enough to continue recording it. Thanks a bunch, Mark :)

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to watch Youtube right now, but I will say this: There's no such thing as "not good enough to continue recording". You can make it a million times better no matter how much you perfect your craft. If you really care about what you do, you might be motivated to keep going past your crappiness (not saying you're crappy, like I said, I don't have time to watch youtube right now so I don't know how good you are), and improve until you're top quality. Keep it up, and always seek improvement! :D

Thanks Baycon. I think i'm just a bit hesitant and frightened that people will just hate my work. Practice makes better not perfect i guess; i've been watching over people i'm subbed to and their first stuff is no where near as good as their current stuff so i guess i have a lot to learn.

Thanks Baycon. I think i'm just a bit hesitant and frightened that people will just hate my work. Practice makes better not perfect i guess; i've been watching over people i'm subbed to and their first stuff is no where near as good as their current stuff so i guess i have a lot to learn.

Don't be afraid! Here's a fact: some people will find a fake reason to hate it, and many will find real reasons to love it! Whether it's jealousy, hatred for their own lives, or some other bull crap reason, people will hate you and/or what you do just to hate. Those are the people you need to ignore unless they are giving constructive critisism and honestly have your best interest at heart. Keep being you and keep the people who like you satisfied with your work and talent! :D

Archived