California, Ky

TheCautiousOne

7 minutes ago, TheCautiousOne said:

Im Glad you feel that way :) 

I am halfway done with adding foraging etc. What a task! Didn't realize the size of this map lmao

TCO

Haha, Yeah! The map is massive!! Surprised to hear you're already half way done, you work fast. :lol: Hehe, No rush though! Go at your own pace. I've waited a long while and I will gladly wait a little more for this map. lol

5 minutes ago, ShadowJustis said:

Haha, Yeah! The map is massive!! Surprised to hear you're already half way done, you work fast. :lol: Hehe, No rush though! Go at your own pace. I've waited a long while and I will gladly wait a little more for this map. lol

Adding veg, nav, forest, deep forest, foraging is just tedious, not a huge task. 

TCO

Just now, TheCautiousOne said:

Adding veg, nav, forest, deep forest, foraging is just tedious, not a huge task. 

TCO

Oh alright! Anyway. I'll be keeping tabs on this. lol Gonna go watch some livestreams of No Mans Sky. Been on that hype train for so long. :D 

On 8/12/2016 at 1:25 PM, Hicks said:

Keep going dude, looking forward to running this on Redboid with 50+ players!

On 8/12/2016 at 5:08 PM, ZombieBarbie said:

Amazing you have done great work. I wish i could create stuff like that i have great ideas but not sure how to get them out there but i trying.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:15 PM, Hydromancerx said:

Yes this is amazing map! I have been looking forward to playing this map for a long time.

Thank you everyone for the support. Yesterday I was working on the foraging aspect of the map before the release. I was called to go back home due to severe flooding by my house. I've had to leave and abandon the house since then. I am at my fathers house trying to wait out the storm. I might not have an apartment for a little while, but the files for the map are at work on my computer there. So work on the map will resume once I can get back to work. 

Stay with me. 

TCO

A note from TIS about making sure loot respawns for MP, as we have this problem on a lot of custom maps:

The first thing you need to check is to make sure all of those maps have "chunkdata.bin" files as well as the ".lotpack" and ".lotheader" files within the map folder. If they don't then the map creator has not re-exported his mod after the changes made to Tilezed about 6 months ago now which fixes respawning. Unfortunately, there's no way for anyone else to put these maps through this process as you need the source files, which only the map makers will have.

I do have these 2 guides on Steam (and somewhere on these forums) which walk map makers through how to update their mods to include the new files:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534038010

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534034411

If the map mods you are trying to use do have these files, then the problem could be if they are including their own suburbsdistribution.lua file, try removing them.

Let me know if neither work but im pretty sure it'll be down to one of these 2 things.

20 minutes ago, Hicks said:

A note from TIS about making sure loot respawns for MP, as we have this problem on a lot of custom maps:

The first thing you need to check is to make sure all of those maps have "chunkdata.bin" files as well as the ".lotpack" and ".lotheader" files within the map folder. If they don't then the map creator has not re-exported his mod after the changes made to Tilezed about 6 months ago now which fixes respawning. Unfortunately, there's no way for anyone else to put these maps through this process as you need the source files, which only the map makers will have.

I do have these 2 guides on Steam (and somewhere on these forums) which walk map makers through how to update their mods to include the new files:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534038010

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534034411

If the map mods you are trying to use do have these files, then the problem could be if they are including their own suburbsdistribution.lua file, try removing them.

Let me know if neither work but im pretty sure it'll be down to one of these 2 things.

No chunkdata is showing up. Have added foraging and followed all steps of first link. Second link is for steam. Don't need to do anything like that yet. 

TCO

Here is the Tileset. I can try to generate lots again, but I should have all I need. 

jQIxFfo.png

2 minutes ago, Hicks said:

These chunkdata files are created as part of the "Generate Lots" command in WorldEd

I have done that command multiple times in order to get the worldobjects to show up also. 

TCO

Edited by TheCautiousOne

Map loaded up solo with the files included in last dropbox. I created a spawnpoint.lua and It crashed the game. Re loaded original map files. Then Went back over them with Cali files without adding spawnpoints. Loaded up and playing at the moment. Trying to run from west point to cali. 

TCO

Love the way the map is looking, sad that you can't continue it but I get theres probably a LOT of tedious details that have to be put in and like you said you don't have the time to do it with everything that's going on.

Good luck anyway! I just don't want to see this fading into oblivion