California, Ky

TheCautiousOne

Pulling my hair out over here. I added a couple fortressed homes (From TEXAS PZ) 

Really helped give me some good dimensions for the Main city. Take a look. Not many spots left. I have a feeling I will eliminate some of the streets coming into and out of the city so there is a more centralized road for approach or departure. 

1rwWF8F.jpg

TCO

1 hour ago, Hicks said:

Yeah looks like too many roads. One building per block seems a little low so looks a bit chaotic with a million roads surrounding each one.

I meant the outside of the city. Sorry, but the main city will remain the same. Chaotic is what I am shooting for.... but then again your aim will be on the Zeds ;)

This is what Im talking about. I trimmed up the streets on the outside of the city. 

5WqWl4l.jpg

TCO

• 2 weeks later...

Important info for you if you want this to work properly online with loot:

Hey Hicks, I don't think it will be anything to do with the suburbdistribution.lua as Bedford does not include one or even edit the original.

The first thing you need to check is to make sure all of those maps have "chunkdata.bin" files as well as the ".lotpack" and ".lotheader" files within the map folder. If they don't then the map creator has not re-exported his mod after the changes made to Tilezed about 6 months ago now which fixes respawning. Unfortunately, there's no way for anyone else to put these maps through this process as you need the source files, which only the map makers will have.

I do have these 2 guides on Steam (and somewhere on these forums) which walk map makers through how to update their mods to include the new files:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534038010

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534034411

If the map mods you are trying to use do have these files, then the problem could be if they are including their own suburbsdistribution.lua file, try removing them.

Let me know if neither work but im pretty sure it'll be down to one of these 2 things.

Regards.

Ringo.

Edited by Hicks

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, TheCautiousOne said:

Been working on this a couple hours on my day off today. Trying to finish up Cell 0,0 (The Camping Place ;) ) 

Slapped a nice little market for the area, and integrated a little housing (Under construction) with barracades on the streets... and of course blood :D

hBXQogx.jpg

TCO

Yo just a little thing the map is looking good BUT my apartment building that I made, the one to the left of the police station, I see how the bushes look like they're coming out of concrete, you may want to put like a dirt tile underneath them to make it look better, but it's your map just trying to give my opinion :D 

Also it would be a big help if you could tell me how you get those screen shots, because when at school at I had access to Microsoft word so I could use Prtscn and paste it onto a document and save it there but I can't do that during the summer so some help would be great!

Edited by Queen Glory

On 7/4/2016 at 9:03 PM, Queen Glory said:

Yo just a little thing the map is looking good BUT my apartment building that I made, the one to the left of the police station, I see how the bushes look like they're coming out of concrete, you may want to put like a dirt tile underneath them to make it look better, but it's your map just trying to give my opinion :D 

Also it would be a big help if you could tell me how you get those screen shots, because when at school at I had access to Microsoft word so I could use Prtscn and paste it onto a document and save it there but I can't do that during the summer so some help would be great!

Done 

TCO

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Neutralnz1 said:

So are you not continuing this map?

I am providing the map and it's contents to the community in order to complete it, I have tried to make the time and just don't have it anymore. If someone cares to finish it (Which isn't far off) and release it, then do it. 

TCO

Edited by TheCautiousOne

9 hours ago, TheCautiousOne said:

I am providing the map and it's contents to the community in order to complete it, I have tried to make the time and just don't have it anymore. If someone cares to finish it (Which isn't far off) and release it, then do it. 

TCO

So many maps don't get finished, which is unfortunate. I have dabbled in map making (though mostly just buildings) and it does take a lot of time so i understand.

Ive been waiting for the new map tools before i start mine.

Edited by Neutralnz1

I agree it is amazing just like the island map it is phenomenal the detail in the decorations are mind blowing i want alot of it implemented into pz or have a updated version of this island map  

http://map.projectzomboid.com/?desc=VacationIslandPreAlpha1L0#0.37862989357836135,0.15165615623720294,26.38641256186817

please someone finish the California map  and anyway to get some of the detailed items of the island map or make one that is updated that can be added to the rest of the maps?

1 minute ago, ShadowJustis said:

Well! I got to say! Iv'e been following this map for a long while and it's looking..so so good, Can't even wait until it's finished! You've down a great job so far! ^_^ 

Hopefully you will be able to play it this afternoon, I am calling this map a day. I have released the files to mod if someone will need them. I will complete this after I add the foraging, etc right now, merge the zombie map, then release to play this afternoon. 

TCO

1 minute ago, TheCautiousOne said:

Hopefully you will be able to play it this afternoon, I am calling this map a day. I have released the files to mod if someone will need them. I will complete this after I add the foraging, etc right now, merge the zombie map, then release to play this afternoon. 

TCO

Oh wow! Alright!! Been playing on a RP server for a while now..and we've been dying to have this map. :D I love how much detail has gone into it. I'm beyond excited to learn this map inside and out! lol 

1 minute ago, ShadowJustis said:

Oh wow! Alright!! Been playing on a RP server for a while now..and we've been dying to have this map. :D I love how much detail has gone into it. I'm beyond excited to learn this map inside and out! lol 

I know there could be more details (As Always) but I feel I have put enough time in this to release, also I am running short on time at work to complete this, and the map I going to be ideal for the Area in the corner of the PZ Zomboid map that I want to fill up. There will be no spawn points to California. You will have to run there. And survive. 

TCO

2 minutes ago, TheCautiousOne said:

I know there could be more details (As Always) but I feel I have put enough time in this to release, also I am running short on time at work to complete this, and the map I going to be ideal for the Area in the corner of the PZ Zomboid map that I want to fill up. There will be no spawn points to California. You will have to run there. And survive. 

TCO

Man, that's going to be one long journey. lol And detail wise..it's always great to put a ton of effort in and detail it but if you put to much it becomes less of a fun thing to do..and more of a job. So i'd say at its current stage, it's great. Iv'e always wanted more up in the top corner..because it then gives a reason for people to spawn near it. West point, Drayton, Louisiana, ETC since those places don't have people in them anymore.  Along with there being tons of open space..and nothing there. =D 

5 minutes ago, ShadowJustis said:

Man, that's going to be one long journey. lol And detail wise..it's always great to put a ton of effort in and detail it but if you put to much it becomes less of a fun thing to do..and more of a job. So i'd say at its current stage, it's great. Iv'e always wanted more up in the top corner..because it then gives a reason for people to spawn near it. West point, Drayton, Louisiana, ETC since those places don't have people in them anymore.  Along with there being tons of open space..and nothing there. =D 

Im Glad you feel that way :) 

I am halfway done with adding foraging etc. What a task! Didn't realize the size of this map lmao

TCO