Water Dispenser: LET ME FILL IT WITH CLEAN WATER!

Insidiousness

I fully support this! That way, Water Dispensers could become an on-demand piece of furniture (Like with BBQs), and are a better option than having a gazillion of Water Bottles stored at somewhere.

After all, I assume those bottles only hold about 1 Lt of water. While bottles like THESE:

Water-Cooler-Bottle.jpg

Usually hold about 20 Lt, which is far better.

And if we were to either build or loot one of these:

6_bottle_800_500_100708110527.jpg

We could probably store them far more efficiently.

-Snip-

On a more serious note, the biggest problem with these might be resealing them. If you leave them unsealed, the water will contaminate.

That's a serious concern, indeed.

IMHO, we should be able two options.

1- To find the CAPS for it.

Namely, these suckers:

WaterBottleCaps.jpg

They're usually sold in hardware stores and the like, and you can usually find one or two in the Janitor's Closet of any office with a water dispenser.

2- To create makeshift ones.

A Plastic Bag and some Duct Tape or ever Adhesive Tape and VOILA! Sealed, but there's always a risk that the water will go bad when using these makeshift ones.

When it comes to using them, we should be able to have two recipes for ''Full Water Container''; one with the real caps and one with the makeshift ones.,

But, before putting them in the Dispenser, we would have to open it with a mechanic similar to opening a can, as those caps are usually a one-time-only.

This would not only give some usage to those useless Plastic Bags, but would also give us a reason to loot office buildings. After all, does anyone ever bothers in checking those places? We all know all you'll find in there is just writing material....

I fully support this! That way, Water Dispensers could become an on-demand piece of furniture (Like with BBQs), and are a better option than having a gazillion of Water Bottles stored at somewhere.

After all, I assume those bottles only hold about 1 Lt of water. While bottles like THESE:

Water-Cooler-Bottle.jpg

Usually hold about 20 Lt, which is far better.

And if we were to either build or loot one of these:

6_bottle_800_500_100708110527.jpg

We could probably store them far more efficiently.

I can really see an abandoned truck holding a bunch of these.

Plus, they will come in extra handy when your party of NPCs is thirsty!