Illiterate knowing book titles?

Bastard

How about replacing all text in the UI with Webdings Font for illiterate characters? After all, all items have icons, that should suffice.

On a more serious note, yeah, I wouldn't mind if devs added those small details and touches here and there some day when they're no longer busy adding and polishing mayor features.

Tell me more about these "mayor" features. I would love to become the mayor of the new zombie town, but I need to know what I am getting into and what powers being the mayor will grant me. Do I get to embezzle the cheesecake supply? Do I have to worry about the content level of the zombies? Surely their rights to form unions have expired right? I truly don't want to be impeached by zombies, but I do not feel that catering to their sensibilities is right for the other town folk.

on a more serious note. this would be interesting. what would also be interesting is if it were possible for the person to learn to read over time.  One person suggested that they not even be able to write in journals and such, but I think being able to write and create symbols of your own is totally plausible. Other players shouldn't be able to read it though. This also gives me Ideas of signs people could make, like don't go down this way, and such.