2 nails instead of 1 for barricading

Geras

Very simple suggestion:

Game visuals clearly show that we use 4 nails for 1 plank when barricading but we actually use only one, which is weird.

It should take 4 nails (2 for one end of the plank and 2 for the other).

Window_barricadeanim.gif

EDIT: Error in topic name, should be 4 instead of 2.

I think I posted this in the tracker before, or somewhere. Or maybe I forgot. :P Yeah it should be 4 nails. Probably more for other barricades too.

But the item name is nails. And there's a picture of 3 nails in the item itself. I personally think this is a bit nitpicky (not meaning to offend ofc!)... If you really need to have 2 or 4 nails in your barricades, you can just edit the according files. I think it's balanced to fit the gameplay quite well now as is.

Or should we turn this into a discussion whether we should have a picture of four nails, or change the name to nail and a pic of a single nail, or have a delta value of 3 for the nails item and edit every recipe they're included in?

Very simple suggestion:

Game visuals clearly show that we use 4 nails for 1 plank when barricading but we actually use only one, which is weird.

Window_barricadeanim.gif

but then IMO we need more nails for other carpentry stuff. 3 for wall is also too low. I agree that 1 nail seems weird but if we change one thing the rest needs to be balanced aswell.

perhapse 2 for barricade and 5 for wall ?

Very simple suggestion:

Window_barricadeanim.gif

I like it, however, this would make barricading your whole house more difficult, which is good actually. In that case, I think there should be a defense buff to each plank if you require 4 nails just to add one. There would need to be some sort of compensation or justification, the most likely one being that you get more health per plank.

The item itself is more representative of a certain value of resources than of a physical object itself.  The task of barricading costs 1 value, just like other things cost more.  It matters more about how many nails spawn proportional to how much you spend on all your stuff.  I guess they could just double everything but that strikes me as a bit ridiculous.  My point is basically the proportion for gameplay is what matters more than the visual or logical appeasement.

but then IMO we need more nails for other carpentry stuff. 3 for wall is also too low. I agree that 1 nail seems weird but if we change one thing the rest needs to be balanced aswell.

perhapse 2 for barricade and 5 for wall ?

Lets say you are framing a 4x8 ft section of wall and then putting a piece of sheet rock or plywood on just one side. You need 2 nails (or screws) in the end of each stud. If we go by residential code in most places in the us it's a stud every 16 inches. 4ft x 12 in is 48 in. 48/16. Thats 3 studs. So 4x3 nails would be 12 just to put on the frame, then you'd at the very least want 4 nails running down the ends to secure the sheetrock or ply wood and 2-4 nails down your interior studs. So thats 10-12 just putting on the sheeting on 1 side. 22-24 nails to frame and sheet a 4x8 section of wall. That's not including securing the wall to the floor and celing.

Nails go quick. If the PZ developers upped the needs to do things they could up the loot spawn. 1 20z bottle of water a day covers you in a kentucky summer? You'd need a gallon+ if you were doing anything active.