Zomboid Steam Dedicated Server Vs Steam CMD Server

TheCautiousOne

WHat is the Difference? I have updated my server through steam cmd (or So I thought) to try and run the beta version of 33.7

I deleted old files and restarted server. It is still running 32.30

I have the Beta tab checked on my computer to run the beta version and zomboid is even telling me that I am running 33.7

What Am I missing?

Do I need to run a zomboid Dedicated server from the Tools/Dedicated server option in order to run the beta version?

TCO

You have to update the server with the IWBUMS version, using steam is right click, properties, betas, you add the password and select the IWBUMS version.

If you are updating it with steamcmd you need to use this commands:

login anonymous 
app_update 380870 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword iaccepttheconsequences -validate

You have to update the server with the IWBUMS version, using steam is right click, properties, betas, you add the password and select the IWBUMS version.

If you are updating it with steamcmd you need to use this commands:

login anonymous 
app_update 380870 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword [PASSWORD CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/]-validate

Yes I have done that. Reverted back to current version this morning with app_update 380870 validate.

Previous update was beta version through steam cmd. And logged in with steam name. Not anonymous.

TCO

I'm confused. So you're set?

Well no. I have done all of the steps that I have been given. Updated through steam cmd and whatnot. I deleted old files from multiplayer and instructed my brother who I play with do the same.

When Started up Server Fresh (After removing ,ini files and whatnot)

Steam still shows the server running 32.30 (Even When I have the beta tab selected through steam, zomboid, properties/ iwbums branch.

Whats the Deal??

TCO

Here is the documented process I posted in the forums the other day.

"

Ok So I updated server Via Steam CMD. Am running 33.6 version of IMBUS branch as well.

If My Server was previously running 32.30 do I have to go to player and Server Folder and Delete old files from 32.30 version? I am trying to boot server (Works) is running and listening on port 16261.

Saying Failed to connect to P2p Server.

Port Forwarding and whatnot has already been done and have played on 32.30 for about a month. Trying to set this up so my brother and I can test out the new stuff. Any Help is great.

TCO

Also, In the Public servers while running the beta branch... I don't see any???

EDIT: Hadn't restarted steam after updating via Steam CMD.... Maybe a simple fix.

Will Try a couple things. I saw at the bottom of steam that it said no connection after choosing to opt out of the beta branch by right clicking on PZ and Going to properties. Had to restart for it to uninstall the beta branch, will keep going here in a sec.

EDIT 2: After Going back to the 32.30 version, Server connected and worked fine. Dwnlding the 500mb beta update and will try to restart (Mind you, I have updated stm cmd to beta branch already)

EDIT 3: Have finished the download, Closed Steam and Restarted. Haven't tested server yet, Just wanted to click on the online tab (Servers are showing up that are showing the 33.6 Version)

Am Going to attempt to launch my server without having removed any files from 32.30 (Remember 5 min ago, I joined my old 32.30 save)

EDIT 4: Launched server and tried to join it from the saved servers list. Says cannot join, Running 2 different versions. ?? So Do I have to delete or remove the files from the C:/Users/Me/Zomboid/Multiplayer and Server Folders?

TCO