TV/Radio and Boredom

Blake81

First of all, I gotta say that I just LOVE how everything in the news is written; it really grips you and you feel the nervousness of the characters and even your own. I really enjoy listening to the news in the game.

The sad part, however, is how I always end up with a ''Bored'' Moodle every time I spend a while standing in front of a TV, watching it.

Seriously, the news are exciting enough that I try to always watch at least one when I'm in my safehouse, and yet my char gets bored? That feels wrong....

I think that TV and Radio shouldn't allow Boredom to settle in, and I don't think this should be too hard to implement; just make being in the range of listening to either radio or TV count as if you were outside. That way, we even save more books and magazines for when the power inevitably dies out. 

First of all, I gotta say that I just LOVE how everything in the news is written; it really grips you and you feel the nervousness of the characters and even your own. I really enjoy listening to the news in the game.

The sad part, however, is how I always end up with a ''Bored'' Moodle every time I spend a while standing in front of a TV, watching it.

Seriously, the news are exciting enough that I try to always watch at least one when I'm in my safehouse, and yet my char gets bored? That feels wrong....

I think that TV and Radio shouldn't allow Boredom to settle in, and I don't think this should be too hard to implement; just make being in the range of listening to either radio or TV count as if you were outside. That way, we even save more books and magazines for when the power inevitably dies out. 

I think that is a bug that is going to be fixed, actually you would learn stuff from TV like cooking and stuff like that, they still need to add it.

Sounds like RL-TV to me  :geek:

same here. If you are watching tv long enough for a boredom moodle to pop up in the 90s, you are bored. Maybe it should add some stress as well, but once that subsides it should be boredom.

same here. If you are watching tv long enough for a boredom moodle to pop up in the 90s, you are bored. Maybe it should add some stress as well, but once that subsides it should be boredom.

Especially if the tv-shows were like Beverly Hills 90210 or Melrose Place... .

Of course there were also really good shows back then :) but there must be a reason why there are so many zombies around the city!

If i was in a quarantined city watching TV (news) and see that the government is lying to people saying that everything is peaceful here, i would be anxious as fuck, not bored.

Then when you know that all hell broke lose, the anxious level would rise a fuck ton, it would be neat to see that kind of stuff in the game, but i guess that is going to be towards the end of this build.

Yeah, I am almost on my first month, so I'm sure something of significance will happen now on the radio. If only I could find those secret military frequencies I've heard about. I already have a US COMM HAM Radio so I'm sure I can tune on it.