black screen when loading old saves

elaintahra

Question

Edit: after waiting for few minutes the UI came up, but still black.

I just installed 17 from Steam. New game works OK, but when I try to open a save from version 15 it loads, tells me youre going to die and then just black screen. Music is on but black screen, no UI or anything. On console window it gives some errors

Loading: media/lua/mapScripts.luaLoading: media/lua/recipecode.luaLOADED UP A TOTAL OF 64 TEXTURESInfo log:Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware. WARNING: 0:20: deprecated130(#55) 'texture2D' is deprecated since GLSL1.3, we suggest to use 'texture'WARNING: 0:23: deprecated130(#55) 'texture2D' is deprecated since GLSL1.3, we suggest to use 'texture'WARNING: 0:24: deprecated130(#55) 'texture2D' is deprecated since GLSL1.3, we suggest to use 'texture'WARNING: 0:25: deprecated130(#55) 'texture2D' is deprecated since GLSL1.3, we suggest to use 'texture'WARNING: 0:26: deprecated130(#55) 'texture2D' is deprecated since GLSL1.3, we suggest to use 'texture'Info log:Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware. And when I press any key on the black screen, this comes up on console:-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------Callframe at: setMultiplierfunction: onKeyPressed -- file: SpeedControlsHandler.lua line # 11java.lang.IllegalArgumentException        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:189)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:179)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:974)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:160)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1714)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1659)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:52)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:80)        at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:36)        at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:63)        at zombie.input.GameKeyboard.update(GameKeyboard.java:37)        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:580)        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1017)        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:890)        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:98)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)        at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)        at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

7 answers to this question

I have problem whenever continuing old saves from the current steam download version of project zomboid, the first few times when I want to continue where I stopped earlier, it only load black screen with blood patches, if i try to walk around outdoors I only see my character in black color. Currently when I load saves, I can see the inventory and container interface but I cannot do anything, whenever i click on anything it doesnt respond and the screen is black color

2nd question is whenever i launch PZ, during the loading texture pack my screen will be like jagged with other intereference, is this normal for mac user?

I have problem whenever continuing old saves from the current steam download version of project zomboid, the first few times when I want to continue where I stopped earlier, it only load black screen with blood patches, if i try to walk around outdoors I only see my character in black color. Currently when I load saves, I can see the inventory and container interface but I cannot do anything, whenever i click on anything it doesnt respond and the screen is black color

2nd question is whenever i launch PZ, during the loading texture pack my screen will be like jagged with other intereference, is this normal for mac user?

This shouldn't occur in the latest Interim build.

Something similar is happening to me, only on the steam version however. When I create a world, everything works like a charm, when I fully close the game, and reopen the save file later, I get a black screen with blood patches. This doesn't happen when I use Desura, only Steam.

Something similar is happening to me, only on the steam version however. When I create a world, everything works like a charm, when I fully close the game, and reopen the save file later, I get a black screen with blood patches. This doesn't happen when I use Desura, only Steam.

This shouldn't occur in the latest Interim build.