Mash's secret project.

Necromatic_Corgi

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait for real? Lol

Also seems that they are at party when MashPotato sees a dapper man prob RJ and she see's him looking at her and she blushes but then RJ starts looking at her creeply for a long period of time and MashPotato gets freaked out while the party is still happening

Or its RJ trying to recruit MashPotato to the Illuminati don't do it you still have a chance! unless...O God she already is Illuminati!!!!!!! :P

I'm communicating the secret through this mysterious dance:

(clyde)  (clyde)  :geek:  (clyde)  (fedora)  :oops:  (tophat)  (tophat)  :shock:  (clyde)

Animations?

Ten emotes, ten letters in the word "animations".

I'm guessing the new animations had a problem with the grids of the maps, so the grids had to be changed. Or something.

Think smaller.

Or much bigger, depending on how much it matters.

Hmm...

Well, it has something to do with maps (obviously). Maps are grid based, and don't have negative Z levels. They also don't have hills or really any land features; just 100% flat land.

I remember hearing/reading multiple times that the current way the map is handled is quite restrictive and would require a gutting. It's preventing basic things such as minus levels and hills.

I'd imagine that TIS had realized that, when the time comes for this to be added, all of the oodles of community creations would be destroyed.

Not only would this make way for the long awaited basements, but it would make the map easier to work with for both devs and modders.

You mention it being smaller, but bigger if it matters. So while on the surface some hills and basements would be a cool little addition, the changes to the engine means that there are MANY new possibilities. Who knows, a restructured map might even feature more cell efficient loading, meaning that one of the major hurdles for vehicles would be squashed as well.

Seeing as the engine is going to need a good rework for more height flexibility, it probably won't know how to handle the weird old perfectly flat maps with only one layer of ground and literally nothing below, and accidentally place it in the pits of hell or something.

The Decemboid mentioned saves and creative mode creations would be broken. The game saves two things: the map (with all of its sprite locations and such), and player stats. Creative Mode will allow two things to be saved: the map, and individual structures.

As you can see, there's a correlation here. The new map system would be confused where to put tiles & objects, as the overhauled Z layer would be much different from the old versions and could be either underground or floating in the sky.

So I'd imagine the new engine would both have to handle old saves AND new ones at the same time, hence the mention of a legacy mode. However, Creative Mode saved structures wouldn't be place-able on the new map, as it'd be like trying to connect a Lego to a Duplo baseplate.

(oh, and animations weren't really secret I guess, as Mondoids mention them being worked on multiple times, so I was way off with the animations)

Think smaller.

Theory 

Damn man you are going full on Jet Fuel cant melt Steel beams there, but is very well written, probably either that as you said some kind of multi-level stuff.

Also didnt they said that Louisville would have some sort of skyscraper? That would need changes of the map current heights so it could work since i think they did the outskirts of Louisville (or i hope, jesus that was in the START of 2015!)

So the whole creative mode thing was to speed up the process of that right?

I am joining the TinFold club now 

Louisville-outskirts.jpg   

Edit: I lied, i digged deeper and found that the outskirts of Louisville are since December 8, 2014.

Jesus time flies fast.

Also didnt they said that Louisville would have some sort of skyscraper? That would need changes of the map current heights so it could work since i think they did the outskirts of Louisville (or i hope, jesus that was in the START of 2015!

Jesus time flies fast.

:twisted:

2ntzpnb.png

Mmmh...... Mash's secret project??? But there should be only one super human..... as Him!!!

2v94waq.jpg

Think smaller.

-snip-

That would single handedly be the best thing to happed to project zomboid. It would literally help with everything but sadly I think its more of a coding thing and would require engine changes and thats not really mashes department. But we can hope and pray to the almighty spiffo.

Cars? Static ones added to the map? Their placement might interfere with player's constructions?

Underground levels would be sweet though too!

Oh wow you're acutally...not even close

:P

Look at how the reply is formatted. Two line post, two line reply. "Oh wow you're acutally...not even close" is in reply to the "cars" line. The emoticon is in reply to the underground level line. He's giving us the raspberry because we figured it out.

Good work, team!