drugs

zelfer102030

now your probbably thinking if you were to add drugs to the game there would be multiple bans around the world eg australia the country i live in but the thing is you could make up fake names for them for eg sumptum which for eg gives you lest resistance to zombie bites and scrathes but you go crazy so you start tyelling out randomly or you randomly fire or swing your weapon but when npc's are added and for eg you do have some drugs and you ask them if they want to follow you or something like that they dont trust you because your crazy and there also should be an addiction as well

"The devs have said before they'd like to include drugs (I remember lemmy talking about a heroin addict survivor). I think they have an interesting element to add - short term benefits vs long term costs. Think adding addiction would be great. Psychotropic meds also have similar issues, particulary hypnotics (i.e. sleeping pills) and benzodiazapines. IRL they have very small prescibing times due to these issues. Even using benzos PRN can lead to coping atrophy without physical dependence. "

-Ontogenesis (By this point is better to use the search function than making the long post)

Also the devs said that nothing will take away the control from the player, so no random shooting, swing of weapon OR resistance to zombie bites or scratches (aka No cure). 

Not sure why you would need drugs post-apocalypse like that. You'd want baking soda, h2o2, ethyl alcohol, vitamin c, etc. Benzo's won't make you stronger LOL. My main problem with any post-apocalyptic show is 99% of these people would have died of something as simple as scurvy within the first year and not from psychosis or lack of sleep. 

I think a 'Drug Addict' trait could give something like this:

Initial: +6 trait points to spend

-1 fitness -1 strength

start with a bottle of whatever drug you're addicted to

have a horrible set of exhaustion, tiredness, paranoia, panic, hunger moodles when you run out for x number of days then cured.

You'd still have that initial fitness and strength debuff, but you get 6 points without the running and exhaustion debuff of overweight. You just have to survive the x amount of days to start working off the fitness/strength debuffs.

wow thanks for pointing that out. I started playing with obese and decided to downgrade to overweight, but apparently thats counter intuitive, and asthmatic is not as bad as i thought so i may choose that instead so i'm not annoyed with the +1 i always have