Remove lucky/unlucky trait.

Reblar

I'll make a mod that disables those for mp when I get home. ETA 5 hours.

Edit: This should make both traits unobtainable in MP character creation, but won't affect characters that already have it. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ec1p6cbm43y1s71/NoLuckInMP.7z

Don't really have a way to test and see if it actually works as I can't set up a server on my cheap ass PC without crashing it so you'll have to test and see if it works yourself :/ I tested to see if it removes them from SP and it did and since the thing I did to disable them in MP char creation is the same it SHOULD work.

Edit 2: I could probably do a mod that removes the trait from pre-existing characters too if need be but I've got no idea if that would work right.

I do agree it does need a bit of reworking, and in MP it really only affect corpses by large depending on how actively the players are moving.

Unless the server respawns items, and most of them do, in that case Lucky players really do have an advantage.

And I think loot spawns when container is checked (SO that it's content is displayed), not when player is simply in the area so... (might be wrong, never did really read too deep into loot spawning code)

I do agree it does need a bit of reworking, and in MP it really only affect corpses by large depending on how actively the players are moving.

Unless the server respawns items, and most of them do, in that case Lucky players really do have an advantage.

And I think loot spawns when container is checked (SO that it's content is displayed), not when player is simply in the area so... (might be wrong, never did really read too deep into loot spawning code)

Forgot about the loot respawn, also you might be right about the container spawns loot when checked, but I think I read somewhere that it was when the grid was loaded, but I could be wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually I take back what I said, I have not found anything about the Lucky/Unlucky trait affecting loot spawns, only that it affects repairing chance. Is there concrete evidence that it does affect inventory?

It does, very much, evidence? 

if ItemPicker.player and character then            lucky = character:HasTrait("Lucky");            unlucky = character:HasTrait("Unlucky");        end		for m = 1, containerDist.rolls do			for i, k in ipairs(containerDist.items) do				if not alt then -- first we take the name of the item					itemname = k;-- 					print (itemname);				else -- next step is the random spawn part                    local itemNumber = k;                    if lucky then                        itemNumber = itemNumber + 1;                    end                    if unlucky then                        itemNumber = itemNumber - 1;                        if itemNumber<0.1 then                            itemNumber=0.1;                        end                    end

It makes it SIGNIFICANTLY more likely to find rare items.

Actually I take back what I said, I have not found anything about the Lucky/Unlucky trait affecting loot spawns, only that it affects repairing chance. Is there concrete evidence that it does affect inventory?

It does, very much, evidence? 

if ItemPicker.player and character then            lucky = character:HasTrait("Lucky");            unlucky = character:HasTrait("Unlucky");        end		for m = 1, containerDist.rolls do			for i, k in ipairs(containerDist.items) do				if not alt then -- first we take the name of the item					itemname = k;-- 					print (itemname);				else -- next step is the random spawn part                    local itemNumber = k;                    if lucky then                        itemNumber = itemNumber + 1;                    end                    if unlucky then                        itemNumber = itemNumber - 1;                        if itemNumber<0.1 then                            itemNumber=0.1;                        end                    end

It makes it SIGNIFICANTLY more likely to find rare items.

I must have missed this then XD whats the file name just wondering? Now I sound like an ignorant boob :).