General Lore/Background Story/Setting

daorkboypl

Yeah, I'd love to hear your theories - and also as/when the more secret stuff is discovered :)

Voodo Magic

But in all seriousness, i am having a blast just watching TV and using the Radio to look for lore. I even have a small notebook that i wrote down stuff in to try to connect it together. 

But college finals and all that stuff only lets me play at most 1 hour and surviving in Build 33 in a stationary house is kinda hard because zombies also would like to hear the radio with me.

Like for example, for some reason i have wrote down that something in the forest could have been the initial outbreak because the toxins that were in there, but i don't even know if the elections were taking place in Muldragh or West Point, so i scratch that out for now (also how the hell would toxins cause that).

The only thing I know from what I've seen is that the military must be low on nuclear weapons, as per all modern zombie lore the military MUST nuke ground zero so as to kill all the undead with radiation...

Wait, has that worked before? Oh well! What's that worst that can happen?

The whole TV and radio indicates us that they are bullshiting people into believing everything is fine in Knox County and that is only a small disease that can be controlled and they are taking the measures necessary to fix it.

Dropping a nuke on their own soil would be like shooting the elephant in the room and then shooting yourself in the foot until you run out of ammo.

The only thing I know from what I've seen is that the military must be low on nuclear weapons, as per all modern zombie lore the military MUST nuke ground zero so as to kill all the undead with radiation...

Radioactive fallout coating half of the midwest... That can happen. 

Even if the zombie threat was anihilated, the consequenses of radiation would be HORRIFFIC.

However radiation will kill a zombie.

Hell, it'll fuck up corpses as much as it does living people.

singing flesh, Radioactive particles piercing every cell, blasting through DNA strands and mucking them up, ect.

The whole TV and radio indicates us that they are bullshiting people into believing everything is fine in Knox County and that is only a small disease that can be controlled and they are taking the measures necessary to fix it.

Dropping a nuke on their own soil would be like shooting the elephant in the room and then shooting yourself in the foot until you run out of ammo.

Maybe it's a controlled experiment on herd mentality in savage societies! But then again, they could've just watched a video recording of Black Friday instead...

Well In all seriousness I think It's the chemicals and toxins they left In the wilderness nearby Muldraugh some Innocent McCoy's logging company worker man/woman got exposed to the chemicals and he Infected the others.

Or my other theory.

A bunch of Chinese anonymous anarchist group Injected a spiffo's meat patty with the deadly Infection and someone ate It and then they went to Washington DC to go protest to gain a large following on hating the government for separating Knox County from the other places and became violent and then the outbreak ended up breaking through the checkpoints because General John McGrew and his squad where also the anarchists. 

Okay, well I heard a recording from General McGrew adressing those immune to the second wave of the zombie outbreak (Knox Event).
Apparently there was a second wave of people being infected without coming into contact with a zombie. New York, Japan, England, Somalia. (Might have missed a place)

In it, he was adressing those immune to the second outbreak and pretty much telling them to kill zombies, even if they're your friends. He also hinted at that he was still at it, determined to win.. Together with those immune to the second outbreak.

Okay, well I heard a recording from General McGrew adressing those immune to the second wave of the zombie outbreak (Knox Event).

Apparently there was a second wave of people being infected without coming into contact with a zombie. New York, Japan, England, Somalia. (Might have missed a place)

In it, he was adressing those immune to the second outbreak and pretty much telling them to kill zombies, even if they're your friends. He also hinted at that he was still at it, determined to win.. Together with those immune to the second outbreak.

Where did you get all that info?

Where did you get all that info?

NNR news station. As in I heard it on the radio 

I tried taking screens but F12 wasn't working at the time ;/

The news broadcaster said something along the lines of "We recieved a pre-recorded message from General McGrew..." cue my info

Also heard another news broadcaster talking while running the zombie fever :'(

I've only survived 14 days so far

IRL theres a toxic waste dump near muldraugh and louisville cant remember whats its called but its probably what started the out break if the ever decide to add it in

I wonder that if when they add Louisville there is going to be a toxic waste dump near it.

Still that wont explain how toxic waste can make you into a contagious carrier though.

IRL theres a toxic waste dump near muldraugh and louisville cant remember whats its called but its probably what started the out break if the ever decide to add it in

I wonder that if when they add Louisville there is going to be a toxic waste dump near it.

Still that wont explain how toxic waste can make you into a contagious carrier though.

idk but its not the river be because thts in west point and the dump is probably in north west louisville.

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

I did notice that too, early on anyhow, and I thought it was interesting. In World War Z (the book), the outbreak is allowed to take hold in China specifically because the authorities try to cover it up. One might argue that by minimizing local panic they also minimize spread, but on the other hand if no one else knows about it they can't take proper measures to protect themselves. Better a controlled panic than a secret threat.

I heard that recording too over radio. It has interesting implications. I'm assuming it's to give the NPCs a standing chance when they show up. Perhaps the NPCs will be immune, which would make a ton of sense from a gameplay perspective (otherwise I doubt they'd last long :/ ), and now has an in-game explanation. It's also quite realistic, every known disease also has known cases of natural immunity.

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

I did notice that too, early on anyhow, and I thought it was interesting. In World War Z (the book), the outbreak is allowed to take hold in China specifically because the authorities try to cover it up. One might argue that by minimizing local panic they also minimize spread, but on the other hand if no one else knows about it they can't take proper measures to protect themselves. Better a controlled panic than a secret threat.

I heard that recording too over radio. It has interesting implications. I'm assuming it's to give the NPCs a standing chance when they show up. Perhaps the NPCs will be immune, which would make a ton of sense from a gameplay perspective (otherwise I doubt they'd last long :/ ), and now has an in-game explanation. It's also quite realistic, every known disease also has known cases of natural immunity.

I doubt they are immune to bites, just the initial infection which seems to be caused by something else than bites.

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

I really need to hear that recording on the radio, but i dont know the date it airs and Survival is too bugged right now since everything shuts down on day 3 so cant see anything after that.

But maybe they are immune to what caused the initial outbreak but not immune to the actual bite?

Apart from the only symptom we have (very fucking high fever from the inmune system that is going nuts), i haven't seen other symptom, so is not some sort of necrotoxin or neurotoxin, and if is coming from the forest, it might be a toxin that spreads as spores?

I hope they fix the radio/tv on Survival so i can get more stuff going.

snippedy-snip

I really need to hear that recording on the radio, but i dont know the date it airs and Survival is too bugged right now since everything shuts down on day 3 so cant see anything after that.

But maybe they are immune to what caused the initial outbreak but not immune to the actual bite?

Apart from the only symptom we have (very fucking high fever from the inmune system that is going nuts), i haven't seen other symptom, so is not some sort of necrotoxin or neurotoxin, and if is coming from the forest, it might be a toxin that spreads as spores?

I haven't tried the TV on generator power, but that specific broadcast I head over a battery operated radio roughly 2 weeks in. Those work fine as long as you have batteries. Might be interesting to add those portable, battery operated mini TVs to the game so we can enjoy TV in survival without having to run a geny

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

I will try to get some screenshots for you mate or a video!

Also I heard on the radio that Knox County was done for. 

I think I heard something about a stronghold there though...

I think we might see Military NPC's in the future holding down the fort someplace.

edit:

Meh... All I got now was static. 

See, there was a gap between the radio transmissions. First few days there were news, then static, then after 13 days or so, a couple of transmissions, now static again...

Fort Knox, but that is going to be overrun by zombies on the first days since the Military NPCs are going to be defending it probably with Assault Rifles and trying to get inside the fort on those days is going to be suicidal since either a big ass horde is going to eat you or you will get shot.

Maybe that is the stronghold?

Jesus i just want the survival TV/Radio update to be fixed and to end the finals to be able to play and get all the info, also getting a generator working to watch the reaming TV News is a priority. 

My setup was pretty good for lore gathering, it was 3 TVs set up in a room along side 2 value radios on the kitchen while the house was walled up. Everything turned on, it was a clusterfuck of letters but if something catched my interest i would focus on that while trying to get info on other stuff.