Force reload difficulty servside.

Jether

d53ZOqu.png

What? This STILL isn't enforced by the server? I'm actually playing with a self inflicted disablity!?

This isn't really a suggestion as much as it's something that really HAS TO be a server-side thing in MP.

Trust me id love to make demands but it seems you have to mod in every suggestion you make . If there is a way to mod this in id love to.

This seems like it should be a server option to begin with but i realize this was put into the game before mp and is still client side. Is there anyway you could force people on a server to use the more advanced methods? Such as finding a magazine and having to load it and all that jazz that makes guns less arcadey.

i think this is a great idea.  It add realism, and I am all about that. 

I also see it this way, it will add another step to the process for those looking to heavy bandit characters.  forcing them to load their bullets one by one then the mag then cock the gun THEN they can go on their spree.  It puts PvP on a much more even playing field.

This seems like it should be a server option to begin with but i realize this was put into the game before mp and is still client side. Is there anyway you could force people on a server to use the more advanced methods? Such as finding a magazine and having to load it and all that jazz that makes guns less arcadey.

i think this is a great idea.  It add realism, and I am all about that. 

I also see it this way, it will add another step to the process for those looking to heavy bandit characters.  forcing them to load their bullets one by one then the mag then cock the gun then shoot THEN they can go on their spree.  It puts PvP on a much more even playing field.

That was the intention especialy on servers with ORGM and the assualt rifles and all that jazz that makes banditry so easy just hit reload and you reload 30 bullets, or 200 with the m249. Having to collect mags load and rack each gun would be a godsend.

d53ZOqu.png

Dude, this isn't making damands, the fact that this isn't a thing belongs on the tracker.

Well im glad you feel so strongly about it but maybe itll make its way into build 34 lol if were lucky. I am expecting a mod or dev to just pop in and say why they cant do this 

d53ZOqu.png

I actually thought for some time that it was already made server side some time ago, now I'm really annoyed.

Id love to enable it and enjoy playing the game with it on just on mp your gimping yourself horribly so if you dont have it set to easy.

d53ZOqu.png

Yeah, I love that option. PZ is the only game I know that does reloading right. I don't mind if a server allows for easy reloading, I get that 100%, it's great having the option but having this be decided by the client is just really fking stupid. I'd argue it breaks MP competitiveness. No it DOES break it.

I could die in a middle of a firefight because I didn't happen to have a second loaded magazine while a guy who shoots at me just has the option on easy. Seriously, fuck the very notion of that.

d53ZOqu.png

Yeah, I love that option. PZ is the only game I know that does reloading right. I don't mind if a server allows for easy reloading, I get that 100%, it's great having the option but having this be decided by the client is just really fking stupid. I'd argue it breaks MP competitiveness. No it DOES break it.

I could die in a middle of a firefight because I didn't happen to have a second loaded magazine while a guy who shoots at me just has the option on easy. Seriously, fuck the very notion of that.

Ya i love to pvp and have noticed alot of things the games aiming system wasnt set up for. Currently fiddling around in my ORGM edit mod to get rid of the killzones generated by the angle and make the spread very tight on rifles and pistols so the bullet only goes where your mouse clicks. Should prevent friendly fire as well as add some skill.

Dayz standalone had the mag system as well but thats a 3d genre.

d53ZOqu.png

Well, PZ isn't really set up for PvP at all. Guns are the worst offender, while I fully agree that the aiming system needs a full rewrite because it SUCKS (Darkwood has a really good aiming system, it's based on angles too but at the very fking least, they're visible to the player and the longer you aim the more you know what you'll hit) the reloading as-is is completely broken considering it's still for some god forsaken reason not a serverside option and let's stay on this topic in the thread.

On the topic of aiming though, God, I really hate to imagine how many rage quits the RNG aiming system will cause when NPCs come into play.

d53ZOqu.png

Well, PZ isn't really set up for PvP at all. Guns are the worst offender, while I fully agree that the aiming system needs a full rewrite because it SUCKS (Darkwood has a really good aiming system, it's based on angles too but at the very fking least, they're visible to the player and the longer you aim the more you know what you'll hit) the reloading as-is is completely broken considering it's still for some god forsaken reason not a serverside option and let's stay on this topic in the thread.

On the topic of aiming though, God, I really hate to imagine how many rage quits the RNG aiming system will cause when NPCs come into play.

I pointed that out in my thread "We need a new aiming system" Again its up to modders to add features that are easily coded. Just like how i wanted radios to play music but i will have to have to make a mod for that. Im getting a bit grumpy lol ill stop. But http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=560023706 Should have the system i was talking about done in a few hours when i get some time to sit down and edit the angles on the firearms.

Edit: Read this page http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/17208-firearm-angle/ Lets you see the angles.

Double Edit:Shameless pimping of my stuff.

d53ZOqu.png

Consider what I'm about to say a rumor at best.

I've been having some talks with some people who were into PZ long before I was and well, I don't have any links or screens to back myself up with but apparently, aiming is almost 100% to never get overhauled because, according to one of the devs, it's too hard to do coding wise with what they have so yeah, the best we can apparently have far as aiming overhaul goes is modders polishing it forever...

d53ZOqu.png

Whats up with dem steel scissors doe.

Also i agree 100% that this is something that must be on the options side when making a server, enforcing Realism reload or easy reload.

Im doing work on my mod right now using the debug console I can see all the angle lines and I can do exactly what I was talking about which makes me very happy. Ill post a pic in a sec\

Edit: wont let me post a pic from my library.

Im doing work on my mod right now using the debug console I can see all the angle lines and I can do exactly what I was talking about which makes me very happy. Ill post a pic in a sec\

Edit: wont let me post a pic from my library.

Upload it somewhere and then post it here so we can see.

Well my issue is i cant be in debug mode while on a server. And from where the line originates is the players feet and is hard to judge if you dont have the debug console open. Now if i can keep the white line thats all i want and itd make my mod viable for what i want it to do.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=560023706 put the screenshot on my mod page