I survived for .... long

Flub

18 Days on Insane. I was doing great then the game and was just starting to fortify my safe house when all of a suffer the game decided to have gun shots and helicopters daily. It did a one on top of my location and I was forced to escape my safe house running to the small warehouse to hopefully hold out until I could get things back in order. That didn't happen. Everytime I tried to barricade windows it attracted more zombies. I fought them off for 3-5 hard days until another helicopter showed up and directed every zombie in town to me. I was starving at this point, since I left my save house with nothing, and decided to run to another house. On the way over I died of starvation.

This version of PZ has made eating very hard in this version. I'm eating like 6-8 times a day. it needs to be adjusted a bit to be more realistic. Live up to 10 days without food and 5-7 days without water.

I just came back to PZ after few months of break. So far 5 days but im nursing a broken leg, almost died from a scratch. This game is something else. I love 7d2d but nothing beats the realism of this game. Broken leg lasts for days not hours. A bleeding scratch is deadlier than any other game has to offer, planning is everything in this game, "just one more room" could be your end, no other game offers this.

My first character bled to death after jumping from a second story window after having the lower section of the house swarm with zeds :oops: , lasted for 7 days. Second character got bitten and 'zombified', lasted 7 days as well :-| . 

Now my third character has had a pretty interesting time. After about a week he got scratched badly and was infected, had a fever and was in a constant state of panic. I was out of food/weapons and I was sure he was done-for. I decided to basically wander off to die so I took off to the east onto a road through the woods.

Ended up coming across an abandoned office building and eventually reached the edge of the map with little water, munching on my last 1/4 of zucchini. With no where left to go I followed the road up and ended up heading back towards my safe-house. I arrived at night almost completely exhausted. I had to fight off 4 zeds in the dark to get back inside, I just barely made it to my bed.

The next day I awoke and the infection was gone, and my character started getting better. I walked outside and ended up finding a baseball bat on a zombie corpse and I was back in business! I'm now at 2 months and 5 days with a potato farm, 2 shotguns with 60 shells, a pistol with 40 rounds, and a ton of canned food and water. Im currently working on getting my carpentry to level 4 so I can make rain barrels. I'm now hoping to survive an entire winter on this run lol

Well, I will say the First Week scenario as it stands is super casual mode. The zombies don't really appear to group up at all and are not very perceptive. I've been happily building up a grand fortress with only the occasional interruption from a single straggler or two once I cleared out a perimeter in the immediate vicinity. Mid-August with a nice farm, eight rain barrels, and more canned food than I know what to do with. Random attractors like helicopters have stopped showing up and at this point, I want for nothing and can't imagine why I wouldn't be able to survive almost indefinitely.

Sandbox mode with the default preset and proper zombies? Swarmed and eaten the moment I stepped outside my starting house. I guess First Week has made me soft and complacent.