I survived for .... long

Flub

Tell us how long you have survived on V33 to date. Explain your death too and some tips.

My best to date is 7 days. I was caught at WP bookshop . It was getting late and I should have headed back to safehouse. I just needed the carpentry books .

I hid at the lake house.

So far I've survived for 3months and I've got a pretty good fort. I managed to get all the carpentry books but I'm suffering a bit on the cooking xp side since making long runs to towns tends to result in being exhausted and limping back home inches from death. XD

Also, I lack the Herbalist and the magazine racks of all the Zippees have been totally empty. T_T

When I get bored I like to make a character with every trait negative and see how long I last. The only traits I don't take are: Deaf and illiterate. Substitute hard of hearing and slow reader instead. Longest so far Build 32 is 3 months, death was caused by waking up to a broken door and full horde and jumping out of a 3 story window at the WP hotel. Death by teeth or death by sudden stop, was an easy choice lol

Game is really annoying now, not very fun, so not playing - but I'm still alive after 3 1/2 Months :)

Why is it not fun? They tweaked the zombie numbers so it's actually possible to move around at the start of survival without dying instantly.

First playthrough. Made it 9 days. reinforced a wooden house in the smaller town by busting down neighboring houses doors with golf clubs, but didn't have an axe or saw to make anything impressive. Had plenty of food and back up supplied. Started building primitive survival gear such as spears and firestarter kit. Secured the area of zombies by triggering house alarms outside the area.

Cause of death: berries + weak stomach and taking a two hour nap. Is there anyway to combat food poisoning? Like can wiskey help? Maybe laxatives or diuretics that severely dehydrate you, but fixes poisoning?

Also last time i choose obese. two doors knocked down and i was a stilling duck for zombies

What's the record, like 3 years or something right?

I've made it 3-4 months in, but by then I'm usually self sufficient and get bored.  I also usually play sandbox with 4 hour days instead of the normal length.

(also woot!  200th post!)

does this shortened day break book reading? and does the day counter synch with the 4 hour day? 

Finally made it past the one month mark. Blackman, Robbo. Survived 1 month, 27 days.Survived the great fire of West point. Died defending the one bag of cement needed For Fat man Scott to build the defense we needed to survive the coming super horde. 3500 kills living in the middle of West Point. Some would call him stupid for setting up base there, but West Point was his home and he chose to fight tooth and nail until the bitter end. RIP Robbo Blackman. That cement bag is now where it needs to be, and you are now at ease, where you belong. Also I hate you indie stone! you made me emotionally attached to my character and now I'm sad :(

So far I'm at 2 months and 4 days going strong! currently in New Denver on main street one house down from the 2 story gas station (the blue house with the big back deck) so far I have added 3 extra stories onto the house, and have just now hit level 10 carpentry (I'm so proud of myself :) ) My day usually starts with inspecting the block for any zeds and luring them into the dead piles there closest too so they can be burned before bed, after that gets done I go and chop down trees and use the saw buck to make a couple hundred planks and continue building the fourth floor which has a huge side deck, large kitchen and food storage room and a bar, ill post some pics if you guys want to see it :) but that's about it so far, ill keep you posted with how thing are going here in New Denver 

So far I'm at 2 months and 4 days going strong! currently in New Denver on main street one house down from the 2 story gas station (the blue house with the big back deck) so far I have added 3 extra stories onto the house, and have just now hit level 10 carpentry (I'm so proud of myself :) ) My day usually starts with inspecting the block for any zeds and luring them into the dead piles there closest too so they can be burned before bed, after that gets done I go and chop down trees and use the saw buck to make a couple hundred planks and continue building the fourth floor which has a huge side deck, large kitchen and food storage room and a bar, ill post some pics if you guys want to see it :) but that's about it so far, ill keep you posted with how thing are going here in New Denver 

Good stuff. I planned a New Denver trip with my character. Thanks to outside influence he never made it there :P best of luck to your feller

• 4 weeks later...

I've never made it past around 3 months.

I thought my last First Week/Hardcore game would bring my first winter, but somehow managed to get bitten on the head by a lone shambler while sneaking back into WP to find a needle.  All Karen wanted was to make herself a bed.

This is after having to journey from the gardens and lumber yards of the walled city of Twiggy's, all the way up to the big warehouse at the top edge of the map and back to find a sledgehammer, where she predictably found 4 or 5 in the same room.

Treated the bite instantly with alcohol wipes and sterilized bandages, even took the never-before-seen antibiotics, but died the next day.

Still feeling the disbelief.

RIP Karen "First-Week" Hardcore.

currently survived 6 months and 8 days on build 33, I built a base hidden far in the woods, with only my trusty silverhawk shotgun for company, was going on a routine mission to find some water containers had been running low on supplies. I went the same way through the woods as I always did, but this was different, I saw a zombie and I made a catastrophic mistake, I shot him, there was only one but as soon as I shot my gun I knew I was in trouble. The woods shook and the zombies groaned as they closed in from all directions. I ran through the woods for some time, lost them after a while. But the damage was done I had taken so many turns I had no idea where I was, tried to find my way back but it was futile. I died of thirst.

TIP: when building a base in the woods try and cut down the trees to make a path. Don't use signs, there not always easy to see.

On my fifth try, I've held out for 2 months at the south Muldraugh tavern with the character still kicking. The only big problem has been helicopters, but they've mainly stopped at this point. Still trying to loot all of 'draugh though. 

Longest was a tad over 6 months, on an RP MP server. Max carpentry, cooking, aiming, most other skills decent. Died from getting so wound up in an RP conversation that I stopped watching my hunger.... I starved to death with food in my inventory and years worth of stockpiles half a screen away. 

Other than that time I rarely make it to the one month mark. I usually die getting over confident with my axe skills, catching a bite on a routine sweep.