Any games like Black & White?

ethanwdp

I've been having an itch for God games recently, but none really satisfy it.

Black & White was very disappointing, Black & White 2 was the first game to make me quit within the first five minutes (those damn screeching "comedy" angel/devils), Reprisal was super easy, and all threads brought up by Google inexplicably have people recommending the Sims and even Fallout 3.

Anyways, anyone know some games like it? Not in an RTS sense or the Sims sense, but in the sense it is explicitly implied or stated you're a god.

Would be fun to be an evil overlord :)

Plague Inc. Evolved? You can destroy the world using virus etc. I'm just joking right now, i really don't know other games like thes ;D Maybe..... Universe Sandbox? Well.... No one says you're a god but you have God-like powers.

Universe Sandbox consisted of throwing planets at eachother. Definitely not worth the pricetag IMO.

First level of Black and White? Damn fine. Everything else? Eh . . .

Games like it? Uh . . . Yeah, about that. There aren't many.

Try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populous

I tried Reprisal, which was pretty much Populous except modern. It was kind of dull. Flatten land, have your minions build castles, disrupt enemy with tons of disasters with your hoarded mana, rinse, repeat, win.

Is Populous any better?

This game was rather fun. You're basically God, yes that god despite the fact the game tries to deny it, and you're in charge of heaven and hell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterlife_(video_game)

Someone who knows Afterlife! Have an old PC Gamer disk (their first CD-ROM) with the demo. Ha ha.

Can't believe it was released in 1996, considering the graphics. :|

Plague Inc. Evolved? You can destroy the world using virus etc. I'm just joking right now, i really don't know other games like thes ;D Maybe..... Universe Sandbox? Well.... No one says you're a god but you have God-like powers.

Universe Sandbox consisted of throwing planets at eachother. Definitely not worth the pricetag IMO.

It's sandbox. You can do whatever you want. It's up to you to think about something more interesting than throwing planets ;d

It's sandbox. You can do whatever you want. It's up to you to think about something more interesting than throwing planets ;d

It's mostly because whenever I did something like throw an asteroid at Earth, the game's timewarp would slow down and never speed back up.

I had to restart the universe for every interesting thing I did, otherwise it's like watching grass grow.

Someone who knows Afterlife! Have an old PC Gamer disk (their first CD-ROM) with the demo. Ha ha.

Can't believe it was released in 1996, considering the graphics. :-|

The game was really good looking for it's day, and quite fun. That's about all that I remember about it. Surprisingly it's still available on GOG. It's more of a city builder than anything else, but there's a bit of God sim in it too.

https://www.gog.com/game/afterlife

Sacrifice is somewhat similar to what you're talking about, and an absolute gem of a game.

You're not a God in that game but you work for one of five Gods (you can choose) and after some time you'll be like "royal guard of god", so yeah, it's pretty similiar.

And you're kind of wizard in this game.