Survival or sandbox?

WormFarmer

Sandbox, obviously. It's just better.

Out of curiosity, in what way is it superior? Doesn't it just boil down to preference? Survival is technically the "realistic" difficulty (the golden standard, if you will) -- the way most people (I assume) play when they are looking for a decent challenge.

Sandbox, because I can theoretically (since the game isn't quite finished) up the ante and give myself a greater challenge. Though Survival is enjoyable as well, don't get me wrong. There doesn't really seem to be much difference between the two except for the custom choices, so it's really a preference kind of thing. 

When I'm doing it I'm doing sandbox because I'm still trying to learn to do melee combat even halfway competently, and turning down the zombie density and strength allows me to get more practice in (as does making them non-infecting so I can survive an occasional misadventure).  I still don't last long, but at least I last long enough to get some feel for the game.

Sandbox, obviously. It's just better.

Out of curiosity, in what way is it superior? Doesn't it just boil down to preference? Survival is technically the "realistic" difficulty (the golden standard, if you will) -- the way most people (I assume) play when they are looking for a decent challenge.

i play sandbox with sprinters, tho i set the zombies to extremely weak and fragile, but i like sprinters :D

I used to play Sandbox to make the days longer but the time that in-game events took seemed to be scaled wrong (or didn't account for the difference in game speed).  I would go from very full to no hunger moodle in under ten minutes, for example.  Food also didn't seem to cook right; I could stand at a stove for hours and never see my salmon finish.

I mostly stick to Survival now.  Difficulty as intended, I can provide the most relevant discussion and feedback, and I'm finding less and less that I'd want to change sandbox options anyway.  Fewer zombies?  I'm not a baby.  More zombies?  I'm not stupid.  More loot?  I prefer to scavenge and feel elated when I come across an axe, not trip over three on my way to the kitchen.  Even the day/night cycle doesn't feel as short anymore.

I could see myself messing with Sandbox in the future if I wanted to play a certain way (I still remember the 28 Days Later run  :shock: ) but for now I'm sticking with survival.

It really depends on what you want - sandbox is better for noobs as they can dumb it down to easier things, while survival as many have said is the 'standard' PZ should be played

I wouldn't say sandbox is only for noobs. There's plenty of ways to make the game harder in sandbox, and I know some people do. It's also a good way to test certain features or try out interesting things like a "28 Days Later" style challenge.

I generally play sandbox, but I leave the proper zombies on most of the time and lengthen the day to 3 or 4 hours. If I do change the zombie behavior, I set them to either less dense sprinters who are weak, have better vision, and have better loot, or normally dense fast shamblers who are extremely sensitive in all 3 senses, typically strong, and have normal loot.

Never touched survival.

My sandbox setting most of the time:  Zombies count low. Rare loot. Days longer. Water and electricity shut-off after a year. Zombies lore vary.

I tried once the real-time day length, is this suppose to work? Does it count minutes in real life?

Is anything bugged when it comes to time? (2.9.9.16)