Multiple builds of the game on one PC

Chained_Phoenix

I know this may not be possible but I've been keeping away from testing build 33.1 because I've also been playing multi-player with some friends on the previous version.  Is there, or can there be a way, to run two builds at once on the same PC?  I know there are launch options for 64-bit or so is it possible to have launch options for different builds so I don't have to reinstall back to the previous one when I want to play multi-player?

I realise things like Steam may complicate this as bit more as well and I haven't even looked into how your game is constructed to see if it's even possible.  This maybe something worth doing if it is possible as it could get more people willing to help test the latest builds.

Yeah you can have multiple copies/builds installed. To run two builds simultaneously I suppose is possible but I don't know why you'd run two different builds at the same time unless it was for testing purposes. But you can definitely go back and forth if you want. Just download the files from Steam as a zip I think. Of course at this point if you may have to redownload a previous build from elsewhere (warez, torrent) but if you bought the game it's all good right ;) But if you just unzip or put the files in a separate directory you can have multiple builds/copies.

Set the game in 32.30 build on steam, when its all done, go into the folder steam/steamapps/common copy the zomboid folder to other place on your computer (c:, or desktop, or any place you want), and you can make a shortcut for the executable on your desktop.

Now set the game on steam into IWBUMS build, and you have the 2 builds ready.

You cant use it both at the same time being on steam mode. (Using -nosteam, you can, but off steam)

Set the game in 32.30 build on steam, when its all done, go into the folder steam/steamapps/common copy the zomboid folder to other place on your computer (c:, or desktop, or any place you want), and you can make a shortcut for the executable on your desktop.

Now set the game on steam into IWBUMS build, and you have the 2 builds ready.

You cant use it both at the same time being on steam mode. (Using -nosteam, you can, but off steam)

Thank you!