Dead Corpses decay

taha

Guys, I have a bit of a garbage problem so to speak. 

0hsrhpz.jpg?1

I believe the image clarify my problem.

Can't even fight zeds anymore because they are hard to see. In case you did not noticed, are living zeds down there...

I use the Cremation Mod, but to carry and burn 6000+ corpses takes away the fun. Not to mention that there will always be more zeds spawning and moving towards my base. It becomes tedious very fast.

Anyway, maybe someone can make a mod that makes the corpses to decay naturally after a while.

I know I can add at properties of CorpseMale and CorpseFemale "DaysTotallyRotten", but I have no idea how to use that in Lua in order to make them vanish when are totally rotten. Of course that would also make the rotten food disappear, and that would be even better.

Please, can anyone help?

Thank you.

I'm still trying to tinker with LUAs without the titlescreen vanishing. :/

But I agree that this is a necessity. According to the Zombie Survival Handbook most microorganisms give zombie carcasses a wide berth, meaning that even if they're deader than normal then they'll still take around five years to decay. Add to that that anything that munches on zombie flesh will end up dying then scavengers will probably not help much either. So I don't think they're really meant to decay...

If I were to do it the corpse would go through four phases

Normal - Lasts about a week

Infectious - Lasts maybe a few months to half a year, during this phase it could cause health problems, crops nearby would have increased risk of pest flies.

Skeletal - Harmless, no longer a container but can still be picked up and moved/ burned. This would last a fairly long time, maybe another half of a year.

Dust - Just a patch marking that a zombie was there. Would vanish within the week or fade like blood causing the ground to be "sickly" for crops.

Yeah, that will still take a while but it's realistic without adhering to the handbook.

Maybe somewhere in the erosion LUA?

I'm still trying to tinker with LUAs without the titlescreen vanishing. :/

But I agree that this is a necessity. According to the Zombie Survival Handbook most microorganisms give zombie carcasses a wide berth, meaning that even if they're deader than normal then they'll still take around five years to decay. Add to that that anything that munches on zombie flesh will end up dying then scavengers will probably not help much either. So I don't think they're really meant to decay...

If I were to do it the corpse would go through four phases

Normal - Lasts about a week

Infectious - Lasts maybe a few months to half a year, during this phase it could cause health problems, crops nearby would have increased risk of pest flies.

Skeletal - Harmless, no longer a container but can still be picked up and moved/ burned. This would last a fairly long time, maybe another half of a year.

Dust - Just a patch marking that a zombie was there. Would vanish within the week or fade like blood causing the ground to be "sickly" for crops.

Yeah, that will still take a while but it's realistic without adhering to the handbook.

Maybe somewhere in the erosion LUA?

I really like this sort of a decay timetable (it should be a feature, not a mod!), but I don't think that's what the OP was looking for... That's a crazy amount of corpses in that pic! XD

Perhaps an easier mod to make would be something that scans the map file for zombie corpses and does a one time cleaning for such extreme situations?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually managed to work up a detection code for the corpses but I have been trying several methods of removal and the game seems to flat out adamantly refuse to follow the commands of removing them. Once I figure out the fully removing part I can adapt my lua code and release my clean up code.

• 5 weeks later...