Suicide? and depression.

Decay

Could the lovely Indie stone, please add In an option to suicide with a pistol, shotgun, or rifle.

I understand there Is other ways to suicide but, I want and I'm sure some people do too, Is to not become a zombie everytime :o so blowing your character head clean off would be a good way to solve that. 

It would work like this.

Right click a gun with a loaded magazine/bullets and click commit suicide then an option saying do you really want to commit suicide with the yes or no button of course then a small animation (not needed c:) and then the sound of the gun and your character hits the deck as blood spurts from there head xD wow that's grim. 

Also, It'd be nice If once your character got depressed like a cold he would sometimes mumble about struggling with life to full on shouting or not being able to sleep. They might sometimes sob or something c: 

My brother committed suicide, so if I wanted to shoot myself in game for gameplay reasons, having an animation and gore would be slightly unsettling for me and possibly others. Plus, you have to consider the ratings for violence.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that Spracky, I was just suggesting this because of It would be a realistic thing to possibly happen In game. Perhaps how about the screen blacks out for a good couple of seconds and when It comes back Its just your character dead, and the only way I'm suggesting this Is because I know that the game Is set In a violent adult themed setting.

Yet again, I'm truly sorry for your brother. 

Thanks for your condolences, don't worry about it. Stuff in life just happens and I'm not going to whine about it. I agree though, this should be a thing especially for RP reasons. Maybe the screen slowly blacks out and you hear a gun shot, and the screen fades back with your body on the floor telling your survival time.

Set yourself to spawn with bleach. Some mp servers spawn you with bleach just for this. Plus a suicide button mod is being made.

Bleach doesn't stop you from reanimating as a zed that's why I want proper suicide button, I'm also very finicky about mods. :) 

Plus, you have to consider the ratings for violence.

We are talking about a game where we might see some guy gets gutted by a horde of zombies, where we can blow up zombies heads off with a shotgun and have a wall splatter by blood plus possible people who hang themselves inside houses (i think i read that before that we might found something like that), suicide is going to be somewhat part of the game later on the road i believe in some sort of way.

But that might be part of when the NPCs are actually in the game, somewhere one of the devs said that maybe a depressed NPC simply loses it and is going to kill himself by pulling a gun into his mouth and that will lead to a shot begin fired and attracting a horde.

The zombie apocalypse is hard to deal with, and it’s easy to sink into depression, or worse. You must try and keep your morales high, your stress down, and take some time for the little things to keep you and your companions sane. A hot shower, a cooked meal or a bit of music will go a long way.

If people are at the end of their rope, they may become withdrawn, fight, cry, or even stick a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger (which makes a lot of noise!). Paranoia can fool the senses and outright insanity isn’t easy to come back from. Cigarettes, alcohol and drugs can keep the darkness at bay, but rely on them too much and you may get addicted.

I know suicide sucks because i have witnessed that a few times first hand with close friends or relatives, but i think that censoring it or sugar coating suicide wont fit with the theme of the game (depression and all that stuff that various players feel even without NPCs).

Of course this is my own opinion and maybe suicide wont even be a thing, but from what i read, i expect something along side that kind of stuff.

Also Bleach is always useful.

Plus, you have to consider the ratings for violence.

We are talking about a game where we might see some guy gets gutted by a horde of zombies, where we can blow up zombies heads off with a shotgun and have a wall splatter by blood plus possible people who hang themselves inside houses (i think i read that before that we might found something like that), suicide is going to be somewhat part of the game later on the road i believe in some sort of way.

But that might be part of when the NPCs are actually in the game, somewhere one of the devs said that maybe a depressed NPC simply loses it and is going to kill himself by pulling a gun into his mouth and that will lead to a shot begin fired and attracting a horde.

I know suicide sucks because i have witnessed that a few times first hand with close friends or relatives, but i think that censoring it or sugar coating suicide wont fit with the theme of the game (depression and all that stuff that various players feel even without NPCs).

Maybe as a checkbox for those who don't want to see the animation? Although I think PZ already has alot of "Maybe a checkbox?" suggestions.

I realise this would be a big game mechanic but what about a "sanity" system?  Have a sanity stat, say 500 points to start off, and as you get terrified, scared, etc it slowly drops.  Things like reading, watching TV, and doing stuff to secure your safehouse help increase it, running from zombies or cleaning out new houses decreases it and if it gets low enough you can do things like have night terrors, or just do something uncontrollable like run into a horde of zombies.

I realise a stat similar to this already exists, I guess it's just expanding on it a bit and increasing the downside of it all.

or just do something uncontrollable like run into a horde of zombies.

No, they will never take control away from the player, they stated that before.

Also i hope that the whole insanity and depression things come into play when NPCs are near or here, i would rather see clever ways of representing insanity than just making the player move from one tile to the other (looking at you Rouge Survivor)