do you guys think survival is too hard?

Slashnine

My issue with build 33 survival is that it reminds me last stand more. you run, fight, run fight die most of the time.

Before that zombie system change game was too static and easy, most of us agree here. I also agree that survival mode needs to be hard but just constatn spawning huge numbers of zeds its not the way I like the most. PZ is a nice and deep game, with a lot of cool rpg elements, story telling etc. you dont only fight with zombies but also with boredom, hunger, illness etc. Now in survival mode most of it is gone. why do we need farming in this game if you wont stay in one place long than a day. why to spend a time building a walls, getting generator and fuel if you just get swarmed by endless horde on day 3.

I agree that surviving a 6-12 months might be too much but cutting it to 3-7 days is also bad.

You can hear now on raidio that there were some incidents you open the door and you see 40 zeds :-D nice incident ;-).

the game can be hard and fun at the same time.

Let us have easy time for first 2 days, so we can prepare for those hordes. then slowly increase number of zeds, migration time, respawn time. Most of us wants to deal with whose huge hordes but not on day 1 when you have only spoon.

I don't mind Survival being hard, like lemmy says, there are less difficult modes to play with and even then I tend play exclusively in my own little sandbox and barely ever leave it because I find every single other mode to be too easy, too hard or having something that bugs me in it.

Honestly, I can come up with worse sandbox presets and survive in them for a while when I feel like doing a challenge hardcore playthrough (Running zombies or zombies with enough brain to open doors). Survival is so hard solely because it starts the player in the middle of a zombie horde.

What I would really like to know is if sneaky character builds can sneak their way around towns, I don't play as those because I'm too impatient for that but if a sneaky character could sneak in and out of buildings in survival than Survival is very survivable. It is the question of finding the right character build for each mode and it's not cheating. If I'm going to play with running zombies my character will have a trait that buffs running skill, because that's the only way that dude could have survived to begin with.

Sneaking through West Point right now, without much issue. Sure, lots of zombies around, and if you're unfortunate enough to mak enoise, they'll be on your ass, but it's great fun.

on survival mode ? what traits and occupation you have ?

Sneaking through West Point right now, without much issue. Sure, lots of zombies around, and if you're unfortunate enough to mak enoise, they'll be on your ass, but it's great fun.

on survival mode ? what traits and occupation you have ?

Yes, survival, unemployed and no traits.

*snip*

What I would really like to know is if sneaky character builds can sneak their way around towns, I don't play as those because I'm too impatient for that but if a sneaky character could sneak in and out of buildings in survival than Survival is very survivable. It is the question of finding the right character build for each mode and it's not cheating. If I'm going to play with running zombies my character will have a trait that buffs running skill, because that's the only way that dude could have survived to begin with.

Don't need a sneak build if you ask me, the sneak and light-foot skill kinda just go up on their own. Not much choice really, if you don't sneak you die o.O I find my survival time increases dramatically as soon as I reach lvl1 in both those skills. That said I still use combat builds, as leveling combat is extremely difficult without a head-start considering the sheer amount of zombies around and combat is ultimately unavoidable.

Once you get the sneak skills to lvl 1, getting in and out of buildings is much easier. My current character has reached lvl3 in both sneak skills, combined with my combat abilities (lvl5 in blunt acc) there's few buildings I can't get into if I really want to.

I also found an exploit to raise sneak and light footed real fast: stand on top of the large warehouse in Mul, wait for a horde to show up, and just sneak about the roof. I got from lvl 0-5 in a single day on a past life. I'm not sure what exactly is the mechanic for sneak XP but it may require some adjustment.

Don't need a sneak build if you ask me, the sneak and light-foot skill kinda just go up on their own. Not much choice really, if you don't sneak you die o.O I find my survival time increases dramatically as soon as I reach lvl1 in both those skills. That said I still use combat builds, as leveling combat is extremely difficult without a head-start considering the sheer amount of zombies around and combat is ultimately unavoidable.

I also found an exploit to raise them real fast: stand on top of the large warehouse in Mul, wait for a horde to show up, and just sneak about the roof. I got from lvl 0-5 in a single day on a past life. I'm not sure what exactly is the mechanic for sneak XP but it may require some adjustment.

Yeah I usually take the trait that makes sneaking impossible so I wouldn't know :P

The mechanic is, the more zombies are around and don't see you when you sneak the more XP you get, it was nerfed at least once already, you should have seen how it worked before that.

I don't think the hardness is the problem but the name. Everyone has got used to survival being normal mode. Now its been getting harder and now jumped up to hardcore.

So maybe survival mode needs to be toned down to medium/hard and hardcore mode gets a new name?

Or we all simply accept that survival is hardcore.....

I used to think of survival as the default core game mode but since they've shifted the difficulty in the past few builds toward more and more extreme levels, it seems survival has become more like the endless wave (survival) mode in other games. If you want a challenge it's good but if you want to experience the game in it's entirety play around with the custom sandbox settings and find something that works for you! That's what sandbox is there for! Your settings will always change as you get more familiar with the game. Until eventually you'll probably have similar settings to the default survival mode so you don't get bored. Survival mode is there for veterans and for when you are finally feeling confident with the game mechanics and want a real challenge. Anything longer than 1 or 2 months survived is a real accomplishment and you should legit be proud of yourself if you manage it

That's our position.

It now expliciately states it.

Well more expliciately, since it also expliciately stated it before.

so before we had:

1st bite: ez mode

survival: normal mode

8 months leater: hardcore

and now ?

if survival is now hardcore then what is 6 months after apocalypse ? What is normal mode in build 33 ?

That's our position.

It now expliciately states it.

Well more expliciately, since it also expliciately stated it before.

so before we had:

1st bite: ez mode

survival: normal mode

8 months leater: hardcore

and now ?

if survival is now hardcore then what is 6 months after apocalypse ? What is normal mode in build 33 ?

Survival was always meant to be "harcore," it's description in the previous builds even included the word.

But . . .  http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/617321352375649325/ should explain what happened?