The new radio Is... (spoiler, read at your own risks)

Decay

AWESOME! I love It, I've survived 5 days on the first week and the radio's and tv's are wild! people have been escaping from the quarantine zone, and the Infected will be roaming about shortly outside of Kentucky woo! this Is awesome, I love the new radios and tv's you the Indie stone have done a great job. Is there also going to be survivor's on the radio? after awhile?

Also. F*@ck General Mcgrew. xD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scripted text is really well written but I feel like it moves way too fast! Is there any way to slow it down so that I can enjoy it more?

Yup same here, it was a mess when my friend and i were playing and we had a radio and TV set up at the same room, so much flow of information going too fast.

But man i love all the stuff that happens on the TV, hope to see more of this content in the radio after the 7 days.

Also i wonder if when NPCs are in, they are going to be the first days like "Dude we need to get the fuck out of this city ASAP" and then the Military will gun them down and they realize that we are trapped for good for about 1 week.

We had a problem in testing when people playing on 60fps would get it running way too quick - I *think* Turbo fixed it but I'll get him to double-check.

Otherwise yeah we can deffo slow it down. I wonder if maybe a slider in the options would help too - as maybe non-native English speakers would currently need extra time to translate it in their heads.

I really love it too, adds alot to the game !
But i have to admit its currently a bit hard to follow whats happening because A. The text moves very fast and B. Some text in darker colours are really hard to read

Could you maybe add the option to display the text instead above the devices in a small box on the lower left corner, like the chat in multiplayer ?

Because if you display it there its not a problem when you couldnt read the whole line because they dont to disappear that fast :D

I'm so glad you guys like this btw, despite the speedy-text. I was totally shitting it.

This was my most awaited feature, i love the new fresh feel that after day 8 happens, like shit hit the fan so hard there is nothing on the TV and suddenly you the power goes out.

A new player that has no prior knowledge of the game is going to shit his pants when they survive the first week, cant wait to see more radio content later on (plz tell me there is going to be more radio stuff after day 8)

I'm so glad you guys like this btw, despite the speedy-text. I was totally shitting it.

I Just wish there was music.

Dem Junkbox of doom, cant imagine what would happen if the radio reproduced that bug, but i guess someone can mod it in or we might see it someday along side a use for the CD player.

We had a problem in testing when people playing on 60fps would get it running way too quick - I *think* Turbo fixed it but I'll get him to double-check.

Otherwise yeah we can deffo slow it down. I wonder if maybe a slider in the options would help too - as maybe non-native English speakers would currently need extra time to translate it in their heads.

Good point about those who speak other languages! And the slider? Great idea! Some people like myself read and type really fast so it wasn't really a problem for me, but I can see how it would be for others who like to take their time.

This was my most awaited feature, i love the new fresh feel that after day 8 happens, like shit hit the fan so hard there is nothing on the TV and suddenly you the power goes out.

A new player that has no prior knowledge of the game is going to shit his pants when they survive the first week, cant wait to see more radio content later on (plz tell me there is going to be more radio stuff after day 8)

I Just wish there was music.

Dem Junkbox of doom, cant imagine what would happen if the radio reproduced that bug, but i guess someone can mod it in or we might see it someday along side a use for the CD player.

Ya i am trying to work ona mod called Real Radios and im told its definetly possible and should be easy.

Edit:I cant wait for ham radios and being able to broadcast the text and use walkie talkies.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering - the first three timeslots (so 18 hours of the first day) in the Initial Infection scenario are currently blank. Filling that in is on my 'to do' list, and I'll hopefully get it into an update before the end of the week. 

The First Week currently has TV and Radio operational for the first week or so, while you'll find radio lasts a little longer that the TV. Six Months Later, meanwhile, also contains radio signals. There's also radio stuff in-between on the First Week and Survival timeline iirc.

I'm surprised no-one's noticed the various community references and in-jokes yet, but I guess everyone's too tuned into the news channels at the mo and isn't looking at the more frivolous stuff :D

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering - the first three timeslots (so 18 hours of the first day) in the Initial Infection scenario are currently blank. Filling that in is on my 'to do' list, and I'll hopefully get it into an update before the end of the week. 

The First Week currently has TV and Radio operational for the first week or so, while you'll find radio lasts a little longer that the TV. Six Months Later, meanwhile, also contains radio signals. There's also radio stuff in-between on the First Week and Survival timeline iirc.

I'm surprised no-one's noticed the various community references and in-jokes yet, but I guess everyone's too tuned into the news channels at the mo and isn't looking at the more frivolous stuff :D

♫ We are the moderators! ♫ by the way the kids channel one of the rabbits has my name and as soon as I saw that I thought It was trying to summon me to the underworld. 

Is there somewhere where I can just read the news broadcasts in a file?

I've tried twice to sit through and watch them all on tv, but I've ran into the bug twice now where the TV becomes permanently off even with the power on.

Nope, sorry - I've actually asked that the text is encoded for now so people can't do this. I'd much rather people enjoy it in-situ, as it's written to be read in-game and with all the other content running simultaneously. If anyone were to do this, over the next couple of weeks until it's released to translators at least, I'd probably politely ask that it isn't put on any of TIS or PZ forums/sites.

There's just too much to be spoiled in there, and I was writing it for... six months? Maybe more. I'd hate that someone could just spend a few hours reading it all.

Is there somewhere where I can just read the news broadcasts in a file?

I've tried twice to sit through and watch them all on tv, but I've ran into the bug twice now where the TV becomes permanently off even with the power on.

Nope, sorry - I've actually asked that the text is encoded for now so people can't do this. I'd much rather people enjoy it in-situ, as it's written to be read in-game and with all the other content running simultaneously. If anyone were to do this, over the next couple of weeks until it's released to translators at least, I'd probably politely ask that it isn't put on any of TIS or PZ forums/sites.

There's just too much to be spoiled in there, and I was writing it for... six months? Maybe more. I'd hate that someone could just spend a few hours reading it all.

K well thanks. I'll just have to wait for the bug to get fixed with TVs permanently locking up randomly.

Edit: Found a workaround for anyone who may be suffering from the same problem as me. You can still turn on other TVs, but any that stop working stay permanently bugged and unable to be turned back on.

Hold the phone, you mean that the Six Months later game mode has radio stuff?

Also what difference is going to be between Initial Infection and First week?

Initial Infection is when the quarantine is about to start? It started?

First week is when the quarantine started a week from the initial infection?

When does Survival comes into play in the timeline?

initial Infection will have three earlier broadcasts - so new 'news' but will reuse content on entertainment channels a bit. After that The First Week stuff begins.

Survival is everything straight through from The First Week. So there'll be content in there after five months etc before Six Months Later content begins. Survivor stuff in Six Months Later is planned to be a bit more untied from the timeline though - a bit more random. There is some scripted stuff there now though - which hopefully works!

initial Infection will have three earlier broadcasts - so new 'news' but will reuse content on entertainment channels a bit. After that The First Week stuff begins.

Survival is everything straight through from The First Week. So there'll be content in there after five months etc before Six Months Later content begins. Survivor stuff in Six Months Later is planned to be a bit more untied from the timeline though - a bit more random. There is some scripted stuff there now though - which hopefully works!

I am loving all this stuff, stuff like this actually makes me want to survive longer than 1 month which is awesome to have something to look forward.

You guys are doing a great job 

I really liked this new update, especially I decided to start a whole new game and the first thing I noticed was the TV was on by default. A thing that I got a kick out of was when I was watching the I think: "Life and Lifestyle" channel where they were talking about how to make soup and to my knowledge it went through a like in-game recipe you can make.

A thing I noticed that may be kind of a bit loud, can hurt your ears is the alarm's on houses... when I heard that it brought me back to middle/high school with those fire alarms - it was kind of deafening and I had my Surround Sound headset on.

You guys once again are doing a great job and I can't wait for what is next!