Global Highscore

Strider

Alright, I know, this goes against what PZ is trying to accomplish but stay with me on this.

The idea is that the game records actions you take and records the time until your death and then uploads it to a central server.

I'd love to see this in all areas of the game, full fat, challenges everywhere but it'd especially suit the 'Winter is coming' and 'The Mall' (I forget it's name) challenges.

Advantages:

* People like to compete

It's a good way to stress-test the game. I've found game changing bugs but instead of exploiting them I've reported them. This would be a good way to highlight them

* Perspective and do we really need a hero?

It gives new players an idea of how difficult the game can actually be. It also allows us to have our very own zombie hero. If someone survives on insane Z count with sprinters for a week or two without hiding in the cupboard like a coward then I think that deserves recognition.

P.S I never did that. *whistles*

I don't think this should be serious. I think it should be a bit of fun and entirely optional, in fact I think the player should go out of his way much like with the beta to be part of this so players can keep their experience private as I have done so many times.

Like I say, you should keep it silly. A good example would be to copy the graveyard of games like Cannon Fodder where you'd have "Johhny" "Wilco" "Tiptop" "Eddie" "Bowler" etc scattered over a hill. You could have such a graphic and even share it on the website.

You could have a vanilla scoreboard which has no mods loaded and you could have scoreboard with a pre-determined set mods. I wouldn't create one with no restrictions though as that we skewer the results.

As always, just a thought, don't hurt me, k?

Honestly, we've thought about them in the past, but making sure they're abuse-free is extremely hard, especially with a game designed for modding -- the game is deliberately open, and the client itself doesn't hide anything at all really, bar a few compiled binaries for performance/api use

Honestly, we've thought about them in the past, but making sure they're abuse-free is extremely hard, especially with a game designed for modding -- the game is deliberately open, and the client itself doesn't hide anything at all really, bar a few compiled binaries for performance/api use

Oh well.