Smarter loot system

Pavlo66

HI there!

The most annoing in the looting sistem, for me, is that when I loot corpses (about 5-10 in one place) I have to change betwen its inventories, but if I need to turn around, or move somewhere I have to check them again (to find unlooted one). 

So my suggestion is to add "don't loot" button. Like in the "Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own" game.

The main point of this is: I looted the first courpse, clik the button, and the inventory of it is not exist (in the game workd), then I can loot, for example, 7 of 9. Then if I want to loot the others I dont need to look through all of inventories, only the last 2.

So what you want is containers to be taggable as "searched" (Like maybe the icon turns red when it has been opened)

and/or to be able to remove containers from the drop-down list?

Sounds cool.

To remove containers from the drop-down list. I see it in this way.

Things like this would be best as a mod in my opinion. I usually just search through the hundreds of bodies and don't even think about it. Everyone notices different things! :)

OK, I agree. But agree, it'l be easier to search trough the mass of bodies.)

• 2 weeks later...

Considering there's already a highlight for the currently open container (white), it'd probably be easy to add a different one for previous opened containers. Flags are already present if a container is seen; itempicker could be modified to do this, likely.

The last part of your statement confuses me. What flags? What is an itempicker?

I don't use mods so sorry if that's what you're referring to.

Considering there's already a highlight for the currently open container (white), it'd probably be easy to add a different one for previous opened containers. Flags are already present if a container is seen; itempicker could be modified to do this, likely.

The last part of your statement confuses me. What flags? What is an itempicker?

I don't use mods so sorry if that's what you're referring to.

I *think* EG means that the game flags whether or not a container has been seen or not. To my understanding loot does not spawn until the container is first viewed (this is why lucky makes a difference). It's just that the game does not visually indicate to the user that it has been viewed/checked. Having that coding tweaked slightly to indicate to the player as well shouldn't be that difficult, likely.