RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

Hey RJ, I was just curious......is the mortar and pestle not suppose to spawn at the pharmacy? And slightly off topic, I noticed antibiotics don't spawn at the pharmacy either.....which is kinda weird.

Did 3 runs with normal loot, then another run with loot on abundant + lucky. I'm gonna guess Cortman's medical is the only place these 2 items are currently spawning, hopefully that will change though :/

Edit: lol, started a playthrough in muldraugh and cortman medical was already burned down......

Edit Edit: Just tried looting Cortman once at regular settings, and again at very abundant + lucky. If this item is suppose to spawn there, then its simply too rare.

Edit Edit Edit: Well, now i feel dumb. You make it out of a....plank? That is not at all what I imagine when I was thinking of mortar and pestle. Also, it requires carpentry 2. I guess its fine to leave as a crafted item, but it would be nice to find at the pharmacy at least.

Why are TVs automatically on? It's not as if everyone leaves their TV on.

It is if they run out of their house in a hurry. :P

TV-"Everything is under control, we are going to take the mesures so the safety of the residents of Muldr-"

People in the house-"OH MY GOD WE ARE DOOMED! ANGELICA GRAB ALL THE BOXES OF NAILS, LEAVE THE FOOD BEHIND, WE DONT NEED THAT SHIT!"

*both of them run outside and get mauled by 1 single zombie while leaving everything on*

Not sure if its the font or just some of the colours, but sometimes its hard to read, at least at high resolution (1920x1000).

vtmwerb.jpg

Also the sound of the alarms is awesome!!!  but maybe a little too loud (headphones 7.1), maybe drop it down 1db or 2db max

Holy bananas, I just had my first alarm siren and the audio volume nearly killed me. :>

/Edit: First thing I notice with tv / radio: Often I find it very hard to read the font. It probably needs some thick black outlines. Also it probably wouldn't hurt to be able to increase the font size.

You had to release IWBUMS Build 33 while I was doing so well with Fallout 4 didn't you...

What will Sanctuary do while I play Project Zomboid?

Seriously great work.

On a side note what do you consider "late game" in survival for feedback on difficulty?  6 months, 8 months, 1 year?

First Feedback:

You might want to implement similar difficulty level for challenges that you are now offering for the different Scenarios (other than Survival).

Started equipment may vary by Scenario:

-You Have One Day: Same bonus as Regular Scenarios

-Opening Hours: Same as Regular Scenarios or a Sledgehammer if you want to make Easy very Easy.

-Winter is Coming: Same as Regular Scenarios

-House in the Wood: Point or Money Gain Increase on Lower, potentially slower stamina drain.  (Don't change weapon behavior and damage, I consider House in the Wood a great challenge to get a better grasp of combat mechanics).

-A Really CD DA: Increase in XP Gain only (otherwise doesn't fit with the description).

Obviously should put the hooks in Lua to allow challenge mods with different difficulty level (or just different setting and use the difficulty option has text to explain the different options).

Easy Initial Infection becomes a very good introduction to new player.   Extremely Easy for Experience Player but that's fine that's what Survival is for...

I like the new presentation of Save Games.  

I would add the Character name beside the Game Type in the title of the Save Game.   That would make it perfect for people like me who likes to play different characters.

Keep up the good work!

You probably want to add Radio and News content for July 8th instead of just starting it at July 9th (even if it is only the advertisement portion).

Also need to loop more the TV and radio, especially on Day 1.   Having static on TV and radio for hours break immersion.  Even if you loop the same content in a specific time period it would be better.   If you look at the unfortunate event that happenned in Paris on Friday for example, the news often show the exact same content over and over during ongoing crisis.

That being say I still like the content so far.  There better be a Wok and Rolls in Louiseville otherwise I will be disappointed.

Date description of start of scenario and date at the top of the screen are not aligned.

Initial Infection mentions start date of July 8th in Game clock shows July 23rd.

News Cast of General mentions a announcement on July 14th at 11 AM but plays on the 2nd day (July 9th base on scenario start date, July 24th based on Game clock).

You probably want to add Radio and News content for July 8th instead of just starting it at July 9th (even if it is only the advertisement portion).

Also need to loop more the TV and radio, especially on Day 1.   Having static on TV and radio for hours break immersion.  Even if you loop the same content in a specific time period it would be better.   If you look at the unfortunate event that happenned in Paris on Friday for example, the new often show the exact same content over and over during ongoing crisis.

That being say I still like the content so far.  There better be a Wok and Rolls in Louiseville otherwise I will be disappointed.

The game is set in the early 90s. A decent chuck of TV back then was dead air / off air signals in the off hours, due to strict scheduling

Also need to loop more the TV and radio, especially on Day 1.   Having static on TV and radio for hours break immersion.  Even if you loop the same content in a specific time period it would be better.   If you look at the unfortunate event that happenned in Paris on Friday for example, the new often show the exact same content over and over during ongoing crisis.

The game is set in the early 90s. A decent chuck of TV back then was dead air / off air signals in the off hours, due to strict scheduling

Absolutely agree with you in for the off hours.  But there was no dead air at 11:00 in the morning even when I was a kid (back in the 80s) which I did get in game. You are quite right about night programming though being mostly static.

I would consider this change to be very minor and at the buttom of potential improvement but it did break immersion for me.

Absolutely agree with you in for the off hours.  But there was no dead air at 11:00 in the morning even when I was a kid (back in the 80s) which I did get in game. You are quite right about night programming though being mostly static.

I would consider this change to be very minor and at the buttom of potential improvement but it did break immersion for me.

Ah-ha. 11 AM? Okay, misunderstood. :D

My game starts with the white screen and stops working ! Help me please. And I'm sorry for bad english , it is the fault of the translator google !

Was the game working in Build 32 and stopped working in Build 33?

Exactly , it stopped working after the update to build 33 !