RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

You need Project Zomboid Dedicated Server IWBUMS to join the test branch

Arg..

If you go in Steam, in Library (on top) and Tools, do you see a Project Zomboid Dedicated Server?

THat's what I used and it worked from here, update well and stuff :(

When I did this, the dedicated server was still 32.30.

You need to join the IWBUMS test branch

I am currently enrolled in IWBUMS and have 33.3 installed.

However, when I go to Steam --> Library --> Tools and select 'Project Zomboid Dedicated Server', install it, then open it; The server is still 32.30.

You need Project Zomboid Dedicated Server IWBUMS to join the test branch

And the operation of the game is the same

Understood, I needed to join IWBUMS for the server, just like I had to for the PZ client.

anyone else having problems with their sound both on normal and 64x clients?  For me it's almost as if i'm playing with the deaf trait, no sound, meta sounds don't trigger correctly or anything i'm not sure if my client is buggy or not

Same here

Try to unistall/install the game, make sure you delete all files, i know Steam screw stuff sometimes :/

Tried to uninstall/install game and everything in C:\Users\<name>\Zomboid, still missing sounds..

Ok yeah i did a full reinstall and without any mods on a new game, the sound is still being derpy it just happened with the patch 33.3 it was working fine a patch or two ago the sound did glitch every so often and was choppy here or there, but now it just cuts out fully and every once in a blue moon i'll catch a meta or hear the alarm for a second or so this is on both 64x and normal client. it could be that patch 33.3 maybe possibly broke something with the sound mod that you guys are testing out?

My first try of 33.3 I had all zombie sounds and sounds of me swinging my crowbarcompletely stop working.  It's like I could only hear ambient noises like birds.

Reloading my save didn't help - reloading the game from scratch did.

There are also some really weird noises when I fast forward time (been there since 33), I can't work out what they are suppose to be.

Last thing I tried to move some crates yesterday.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have all the skills, it let me pick up a crate.

But then I didn't have a clue what to do - there was no way to place it down, it wasn't in my inventory - it was just 'gone' from existence.

I tried a second crate thinking I'd done something wrong - nope, nothing. Two crates vanished into thin air.

Gladly I have another 20 or so crates in my base to test on once I hear about this or it's fixed :D

My first try of 33.3 I had all zombie sounds and sounds of me swinging my crowbarcompletely stop working.  It's like I could only hear ambient noises like birds.
Reloading my save didn't help - reloading the game from scratch did.

Hmm.. I hear exatly only ambient sounds, no zombies sounds, no weapon sounds, no doors, knocks etc. What did you mean under reloading game from scratch? Starting new game? (I tried starting new game, but doesn't help)

oh man i thought you were joking but you were serious LOLOLOL the sound is reversed you have to be deaf to hear it all!!!!!! nice find =P ok but to be clear it only add's zombie sounds and meta noises at least some from what i've tested. but i hear no heart beat from anxious moodles and footsteps are very low more like mushing around in wet sand foot step sounds. so it seems like not all sounds but some sounds got reverted to deaf trait and some didn't i guess something got crossed during the patches.. it also seems like the sound has trouble keeping up with the game, like certain sounds take priority over others and it cuts some out, so the more zombies that you run into the sound starts to stutter, and then it gives out, i no longer can hear windows breaking like i did at the start with the deaf trait

Ok, released a 33.4 with hopefully fixes for sound...

• Main menu is now playable with controller
  • Hopefully fixed deaf trait
  • Increased number of voice to 512 (report any OOM please ;))
  • Fixed zombie footsteps creating worldsounds (heard by other zombies).
  • Don't un-pause newly-started sounds until after configuring volume/reverb/etc.
  • Fixed some sounds (door + window rattles) not playing.
  • Fixed sound priority (in FMOD, 0 = highest, 256 = lowest priority).
  • Fixed looping world sounds playing forever, never freeing channels.
  • Fixed player's square being checked for zombie's footstep sounds.
  • Fixed some ambient sounds only getting added the first time a chunk was loaded.
  • Fixed blank screen after MapSpawnSelect screen for some new game modes.
  • Fixed "Survival" using "6 Months Later" zombie population options.

oh man i thought you were joking but you were serious LOLOLOL the sound is reversed you have to be deaf to hear it all!!!!!! nice find =P ok but to be clear it only add's zombie sounds and meta noises at least some from what i've tested. but i hear no heart beat from anxious moodles and footsteps are very low more like mushing around in wet sand foot step sounds. so it seems like not all sounds but some sounds got reverted to deaf trait and some didn't i guess something got crossed during the patches.. it also seems like the sound has trouble keeping up with the game, like certain sounds take priority over others and it cuts some out, so the more zombies that you run into the sound starts to stutter, and then it gives out, i no longer can hear windows breaking like i did at the start with the deaf trait

If you take claustrophobic and agoraphobic you will ear the hearthbeat at least at the beginning (being deaf).

The sounds do seem to disappear after a while.   Will see if I can manage a week with Joe Dead (survivor with all negative trait on Survival mode) and report back.  (of course if someone does it on initial infection easy they should be able to make it to one week without to much problem with Joe Dead).

ok i tested the new build (33.4) on my character thats in the middle of massive packs of zombies. i set an alarm off to see how much stress the sound takes, i heard the alarm, i swung at some zombies i heard that, i heard zombie noises, i heard banging on windows all this happened within the first 5-10 seconds of the alarm sounding off, as the rest of the packs came in the sound of the alarm and zombie noises started to stutter, it didn't give out completely, and after that sounds continued to presist after i got a few in game blocks away from the massive horde of zombies. that's what i'm experiencing, i'm not sure if its happening with everyone else. the new foot step sounds are awesome i'm glad that the sound at least presists even after its been stressed. in build 33.3 it seemed to just cut out and never come back.

Hey Guys, Love the new update, was really excited to see how it all worked. 

Just looking for a quick explanation here, I'm trying to move fridges etc, I can see your char needs to be an electrician, so I created a character for that will 3 electrical skill, Now when I go to the fridge the skill is green but the 'tool' says 'electrician'... What am I doing wrong here? Is there a new tool called 'electrician' ?

And is this the same for stoves etc, I'm confuzzled.... 

-The Googlator

I've raised a bug for that! The tool you need is a screwdriver. 

Ok, thanks for the response. So if I pick up a screw driver will I be able to move the fridge now? Or are we waiting for a fix?

What are the actual requirements to move a fridge then? Do you have to have the 'electrician' trait picked or have I misinterpreted that as the electrical skill? 

- The Googlator

Hey Guys, Love the new update, was really excited to see how it all worked. 

Just looking for a quick explanation here, I'm trying to move fridges etc, I can see your char needs to be an electrician, so I created a character for that will 3 electrical skill, Now when I go to the fridge the skill is green but the 'tool' says 'electrician'... What am I doing wrong here? Is there a new tool called 'electrician' ?

And is this the same for stoves etc, I'm confuzzled.... 

-The Googlator

I've raised a bug for that! The tool you need is a screwdriver. 

Ok, thanks for the response. So if I pick up a screw driver will I be able to move the fridge now? Or are we waiting for a fix?

What are the actual requirements to move a fridge then? Do you have to have the 'electrician' trait picked or have I misinterpreted that as the electrical skill? 

- The Googlator

Screwdriver and the electrical skill will work. The trait doesn't affect any furniture interactions.

Thankyou, have been testing this but the electrical skill takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long to level up lol. Thanks for the response. Hopefully a quick patch can fix that. Tool = Screwdriver! Notes taken :D

Also I have to say, the sounds are improving for me, I broke my audio port so can't use headphones atm, but I did notice it was abit quiet, this latest patch has helped, but still many sounds having issues :( 

- Googlator

Arg..

If you go in Steam, in Library (on top) and Tools, do you see a Project Zomboid Dedicated Server?

THat's what I used and it worked from here, update well and stuff :(

Thanks Robert, it works fine with that

You have to select the beta and put on the password at the tools/ PZ dedicated server, like you would do on the IWBUMS branch of the game :)

How did you do

I can't update my linux server.

Edit : I can't update with login anonymous (error 16) But I can update with my Steam's Login and PW.

And when I launch the server :

64-bit java detectedpzexe: about to run java hack to locate libjvm.so...pzexe: executing "java -classpath pzexe.jar -Djava.library.path=. zombie.pzexe"pzexe.java: loading shared library "pzexe_jni64"JVM=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.sopzexe config file: /home/steam/steamapps/PZserver/ProjectZomboid64.jsonpzexe config file: couldn't parse json: syntax error at line 19 near: ]

Sorry for my English...

In your Steam Library, select to see the tools, search for Project Zomboid Dedicated Server, right click on it, betas tab, put the password of the IWBUMS branch and thats kinda it.

Steamcmd isn't working properly at the time, they are looking at it :)

I haven't tried using my login/pass there tho.

In your Steam Library, select to see the tools, search for Project Zomboid Dedicated Server, right click on it, betas tab, put the password of the IWBUMS branch and thats kinda it.

Steamcmd isn't working properly at the time, they are looking at it :)

I haven't tried using my login/pass there tho.

I don't have Steam Library on my server. Just Steamcmd...  :???:

Just redownloaded using my user/pass with steamcmd, and it works fine, like using steam, so that maybe can be another issue, maybe something to do with linux, im using win10. So maybe someone else can help you with that error. :)

Ok Thank you ! I will waiting... :)