RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

Update 33 is very good, I love the tv broadcasts, It makes the game feel even more alive, I think the broadcasts will play well off the npcs, like maybe you will here them talk amongst eachother about the broadcasts and then panic sets in   :evil: , I can't wait :D The moveable furniture is amazing the ui and controls of it could use a little work but its such a nice feature. game is shaping up really nicely, keep up the great work devs.

PZ is like a bun in the oven, not yet cooked but the smell is very alluring ;)

I love the tv broadcasts, It makes the game feel even more alive, I think the broadcasts will play well off the npcs, like maybe you will here them talk amongst eachother about the broadcasts and then panic sets in   :evil: ,

Ahem this may be something we've discussed. :D

regarding MP people will just have to bear with us. Sorry about that but there are some gremlins to exile from the system.

I'm not sure whether I'm missing something, but aren't the info shows on the TV supposed to give experience? My character watched a carpentry info-show in the game, but afterwards, I did not notice a change in the amount of experience or in the multiplier for the carpentry skill. Same thing for a fishing show that my character saw.

I'd like to know about this too. How is the whole learning from a TV or radio supposed to work? I need to know if I need to bugreport this or not.

EDIT: I just saw that Batsphinx replied to another post about it. This doesn't work yet, but they know about it so we probably don't need bugreports.

Lovely update.

Started a new game in West Point, however after a few hours of gameplay and I'm still unable to find an axe. Anyone else experiencing this or am I just unlucky?

PS in the area where I live there's an axe or two in every household...

Axes are deliberately rare, due to the balance implications they have. It may be worth a trip over to the hardware store, into the mall, or to McCoy's logging north of Muldragh

Lovely update.

Started a new game in West Point, however after a few hours of gameplay and I'm still unable to find an axe. Anyone else experiencing this or am I just unlucky?

PS in the area where I live there's an axe or two in every household...

If you really want axes, take the lucky trait, and kill any zombies you can find. After that, check out the hardware store as well as any warehouse.

If all of the above fails, then your gonna have to settle on foraged axes.

great update.

hers my feedback from few hours in survival mode.

Intro music is fucking GREAT ! I love it.

radio stuff is cool. It adds a lot to the game. But: survival is so hard now. you run away 80% of time, if lucky you find a safe place to spend a night and then you run away coz the area is swarmed.

Radio says about some events and MU and WP are swarmed in survival mode. it makes most of those cool featurea like building cooking etc pointless as you dont have time for it. Also according to radio news Louisvill is sealed from MU and WP, what will happen when you release Louisville as map expansion ?

FMOD is awesome, random buildings also adds a lot.

Now i need to play a bit more with herbalism and moving furnitures but this time ill use my sandbox options.

Here is my problem, I just rented server from Gameservers.com and they updated my server to 33.1 which is pretty lame as its not working with multiplayer...so my question is...why do they have it? If I wipe, they install version 32.19 and if I update it goes straight to 33.1

Here is my problem, I just rented server from Gameservers.com and they updated my server to 33.1 which is pretty lame as its not working with multiplayer...so my question is...why do they have it? If I wipe, they install version 32.19 and if I update it goes straight to 33.1

Because anyone who purchases the game has access to beta builds. This isn't something we can restrict to certain owners.

You'll have to sort it out with gameservers.come; we have no involvement with them.

First off, I think Project Zomboid is already my favorite game ever and can only go up from here. However, after playing a character through 16 days of First Week on Normal difficulty, I've noticed a few oddities. I hesitate to report them as bugs as I don't necessarily think they all are.

- Erosion is developing way too quickly. By day 7 I had vines up all the buildings downtown and tall grass everywhere that was originally short grass. By day 14, the sidewalks have a lot of grass and its growing in the streets. The buildings are swamped with vines to the point of most windows being covered.

- The food spawns seem far less random now. For example, in the large grocery store in West Point, after looting the whole building I noticed every cabinet had essentially the same items in it. One or two might vary but that's it. Every one had a chocolate, some chips, and an orange soda basically. 

- I have not heard helicopters or gunshots. A few dogs barking, two screams, (and my absolute favorite) a house alarm going off by itself while I was in my safehouse.

- I have not found a single locked door in all of downtown. It's made my life easy but I doubt it's intended lol

- Multiple tvs in the downtown upstairs apartments dont work

- Picked up furniture disappears before I can place it somewhere else. Two bookcases and two wall shelves have disappeared into the abyss. 

Check if they have the "normal" 32.30 version instead of the IWBUMS 33.1 one. Dont know for sure for gameservers, but in my host i have it like that.

I'm not really having fun with 33.1...

I mean, the features that have been added are amazing but I'm wondering if it's going to be possible to get FMod working properly ever for me.

I'm deaf 90% of the time, I smack a zombie in front of me and hear nothing except the birds in the background. Once I was surrounded by an angry hoarde and it was totally silent. The sound of breaking glass seems to work at random and if I'm standing against a west facing wall all of my sounds are muffled.

I am using earphones, I'm not sure if that has something to do with it but I'm updating my sound drivers now, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Also, the zombies seem to home in on me, even if I've avoided all of them they'll focus on my location and migrate there, regardless of whether I'm making any noise or not. And it isn't just unlucky random migration either, other areas will empty out to fill my location every time. Once they reach my location they just stop and loiter and grow in size every second. It makes playing a defensive character very difficult. I'm not sure if this is intended or not but I feel it is very unfair.

If it wasn't for that, 33.1 would be amazing and I'm really looking forward to the fixed up true release. Moving furniture is great and easy to comprehend, I'd love it in the future if the same could be done with decorative vegetation and trees for those with a shovel and the gardener trait. :P

Has there been any addition to the map, the outskirts of Louisville? I haven't managed to survive long enough to check yet. XD

Holy bananas, I just had my first alarm siren and the audio volume nearly killed me. :>

/Edit: First thing I notice with tv / radio: Often I find it very hard to read the font. It probably needs some thick black outlines. Also it probably wouldn't hurt to be able to increase the font size.

Maybe have text size directly related to the volume of the tv?? That way you can risk turning it up so you "hear" it better. Also it would make sense if max volume changed everything to all caps

Holy bananas, I just had my first alarm siren and the audio volume nearly killed me. :>

/Edit: First thing I notice with tv / radio: Often I find it very hard to read the font. It probably needs some thick black outlines. Also it probably wouldn't hurt to be able to increase the font size.

Maybe have text size directly related to the volume of the tv?? That way you can risk turning it up so you "hear" it better. Also it would make sense if max volume changed everything to all caps

+1 this, very good idea.

Man i would love to see that.