RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

To keep you updated:

Next version is progressing well, re-added the music and stuff (including pzserversettings.exe :D), still miss some stuff that give me headache, so Tim is giving me a hand, we'll try not to, but maybe next version will not be compatible Mac/Linux, it's 2AM for Tim and he's helping me already for Windows, don't wanna push him too far :D But I'm sure it'll be fixed really soon.

So not sure yet, maybe he'll do Mac/Linux too, maybe I'll wait for him to sleep to release then... But yeah, next version with more fixing on sounds and hopefully no more crack!

To keep you updated:

Next version is progressing well, re-added the music and stuff (including pzserversettings.exe :D), still miss some stuff that give me headache, so Tim is giving me a hand, we'll try not to, but maybe next version will not be compatible Mac/Linux, it's 2AM for Tim and he's helping me already for Windows, don't wanna push him too far :D But I'm sure it'll be fixed really soon.

So not sure yet, maybe he'll do Mac/Linux too, maybe I'll wait for him to sleep to release then... But yeah, next version with more fixing on sounds and hopefully no more crack!

You know, it's not like we're all going to die if we're not going to get the next build ASAP, I'm sure nobody would mind if you guys slept every once in a while. No need to work until you pass out.

To keep you updated:

Man you guys really do a great job!

But i am still worried, since FMOD was introduced, the one constant bug there has been is sound issues, either loud ones, broken ones, too quiet ones and there is never a middle ground, hope we can reach it though IWBUMS.

But i am still worried, since FMOD was introduced, the one constant bug there has been is sound issues, either loud ones, broken ones, too quiet ones and there is never a middle ground, hope we can reach it though IWBUMS.

Yeah, the thing is I did balanced everything, but then we had to make some changes, for example I forgot to take some of the option volume in parameters, which screwed it all..

Once Fmod will be stable it'll be way easier, another example is the 3D occlusion in houses, I had to nerf it 'cause you couldn't hear a zombie thump if you were on the other side of the house (exterior), and then it screwed every ambient sound inside (the "way too loud waterdrip/fridge hum" etc) :D

Yeah, the thing is I did balanced everything, but then we had to make some changes, for example I forgot to take some of the option volume in parameters, which screwed it all..

Once Fmod will be stable it'll be way easier, another example is the 3D occlusion in houses, I had to nerf it 'cause you couldn't hear a zombie thump if you were on the other side of the house (exterior), and then it screwed every ambient sound inside (the "way too loud waterdrip/fridge hum" etc) :D

Yeah that was my main problem with the sounds on this new released build, great to hear that those nerfs took place, also hope that the ambient sound slider works too, cant wait till the next build.

You guys are doing a fantastic job and this constant flow of update, of keeping us informed and everything else humbles me and makes me grateful for everything.

Big thumbs up for TIS.

It is Moss7, I did it successfully with some help!

A few things you'll need to do:

Copy all the data from C:>Users>(Username)>Zomboid>Multiplayer>servertest (or whatever your server name is) as well as your MP character folder to

C:>Users>(Username)>Zomboid>Saves>Multiplayer>servertest

(MP character folder goes in the Multiplayer folder)

Make sure your ServerPlayerID remains the same in your server settings. If it does not your character will not load. You will need to delete the ID and leave it blank if the ID does not remain the same. This will allow players to server jump with pre-made characters onto your server though...

I tried it and it works. Again thanks a lot ! Still cautious though because I remember glitches the first time around  with map chunks not loading and stuff...

Can you guys help me with this? 

TSDmnrU.png

I was trying to change some server settings but I can't do it with that error.

For general server settings use this C:>Users>(Username)>Zomboid>Server>servertest(or whatever your server name is)

Use servertest_zombies in the same folder for zombie settings

For world settings use C:>Steam>steamapps>common>ProjectZomboidDedicatedServer>PZServerSettings>SandboxSettings.

The GUI interface is coming back soontm

Ok So I updated server Via Steam CMD. Am running 33.6 version of IMBUS branch as well.

If My Server was previously running 32.30 do I have to go to player and Server Folder and Delete old files from 32.30 version? I am trying to boot server (Works) is running and listening on port 16261.

Saying Failed to connect to P2p Server.

Port Forwarding and whatnot has already been done and have played on 32.30 for about a month. Trying to set this up so my brother and I can test out the new stuff. Any Help is great.

TCO

Also, In the Public servers while running the beta branch... I don't see any???

EDIT: Hadn't restarted steam after updating via Steam CMD.... Maybe a simple fix.

Will Try a couple things. I saw at the bottom of steam that it said no connection after choosing to opt out of the beta branch by right clicking on PZ and Going to properties. Had to restart for it to uninstall the beta branch, will keep going here in a sec.

EDIT 2: After Going back to the 32.30 version, Server connected and worked fine. Dwnlding the 500mb beta update and will try to restart (Mind you, I have updated stm cmd to beta branch already)

EDIT 3: Have finished the download, Closed Steam and Restarted. Haven't tested server yet, Just wanted to click on the online tab (Servers are showing up that are showing the 33.6 Version)

Am Going to attempt to launch my server without having removed any files from 32.30 (Remember 5 min ago, I joined my old 32.30 save)

EDIT 4: Launched server and tried to join it from the saved servers list. Says cannot join, Running 2 different versions. ?? So Do I have to delete or remove the files from the C:/Users/Me/Zomboid/Multiplayer and Server Folders?

TCO