RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

I would love it if we could remove the water bottles on top of the coolers and use those! Otherwise, what's the point of moving a water cooler if you just dump all the water out of it first? 

EDIT: Holy crap you guys. If you can move a water cooler, gather bottles, move a comfy chair and move a minifridge all without carpentry or electrical skills... You can now live ANYWHERE without being a carpenter or an electrician! You can setup on the top floor of the office building! You don't need a bed!

The possibilities are endless...

hahah exactly! Picking up water coolers has been one of my most important tasks the past could days, I've been out of water for awhile now :(. But i agree with ya it kinda kills the point of even grabbing them if it just dumps all the water out of them, however if we could find the 5 gallon bottles that go on top of them and refill them, now that would be amazing.

I would love it if we could remove the water bottles on top of the coolers and use those! Otherwise, what's the point of moving a water cooler if you just dump all the water out of it first? 

EDIT: Holy crap you guys. If you can move a water cooler, gather bottles, move a comfy chair and move a minifridge all without carpentry or electrical skills... You can now live ANYWHERE without being a carpenter or an electrician! You can setup on the top floor of the office building! You don't need a bed!

The possibilities are endless...

Thats a great idea!

Hope the devs notice this and lets you carry gallons of water.

Glad everyone seems to like my idea so far haha, it would defiantly help adding more functionality to furniture. another few things I've thought of while playing is if the powers still running and say you run into a spiffos, wouldn't it be cool to be able to use the soda fountain if you have say a mug/cup/bottle equipped or just in your inventory? and i noticed you can pick up the exit signs atop of doors too but I dont think they actually light up, it would be cool (now that we have different colored lighting) if while the power was running if the exit signs would glow red, i think that would look neat walking down a dark hall way full of zeds with only a faint red light of an exit sign glowing down the back of the hall.

Glad everyone seems to like my idea so far haha, it would defiantly help adding more functionality to furniture. another few things I've thought of while playing is if the powers still running and say you run into a spiffos, wouldn't it be cool to be able to use the soda fountain if you have say a mug/cup/bottle equipped or just in your inventory? and i noticed you can pick up the exit signs atop of doors too but I dont think they actually light up, it would be cool (now that we have different colored lighting) if while the power was running if the exit signs would glow red, i think that would look neat walking down a dark hall way full of zeds with only a faint red light of an exit sign glowing down the back of the hall.

You have great ideas, you should post them in the suggestion forum.

I think you can pick those exit signs too. 

33.6!

• What Turbo added (see his post)
  • Got the helicopter working in multiplayer.
  • Removed the helicopter starting from day 2
  • Removed FMOD profiling (should help with some lags)
  • Fixed flickering when exiting a game.
  • Fixed sounds in mods not being loaded.
  • Fixed sound-related client crash when accessing bags.
  • Fixed invisible-tent bug.
  • Fixed IsoFire sound playing on the server.
  • Fixed crash in itempicker (randomizing building)
  • Lowered zombies footstep
  • Fixed crack at beginning of playing sound
  • Now FMOD use 1024 voices (should avoid some sounds non playing)
  • Fixed thump sounds not played sometimes
  • Fixed the -nosound option.
  • Updated 32-bit FMOD DLLs.
  • Fixed burglar alarm not playing inside house
    Fixed "crack/pop" in sounds
  • Fixed randomized building sometimes throwing alarm

I think my fridge is defective, it's making an awful lot of noise o.O Any engineer out there who wants to visit my apartment in downtown WP to have a look at it? XD

Think I'ma start keeping all my windows closed, the wind howls pretty loudly too :/

*edit* worth noting I'm complaining about the volume but if those sounds existed previously they were so discreet I'd never really heard them. It's a nice touch and it's great for immersion!

The popping is definitely 'better', but it's not gone for me.

It's a little quieter, more towards a sound effect than a pop like you're unplugging an audio cable as it was before.

Walking around busy zombie streets it was very apparent - the less zombies around the better it was, down to gone when no zombies were around (I guess the same as before).

The popping is definitely 'better', but it's not gone for me.

It's a little quieter, more towards a sound effect than a pop like you're unplugging an audio cable as it was before.

Walking around busy zombie streets it was very apparent - the less zombies around the better it was, down to gone when no zombies were around (I guess the same as before).

Damn. :( I'll test it now. It's really annoying.

I am also getting the 'popping' in MP. It is almost like the sounds are being delayed and then played all at the same time to catch up? There is silence and no noise created at all by my character and then all of sudden pop pop pop pop... Almost like nails quickly clicking on a table or something.

I do not seem to get this in SP

I tested just now and got no popping but I can't have my volume loud now so I'll try again either soon or tomorrow. However, I have to praise FMOD, the sound of creaking walls and wind howling was amazing! It adds so much to the game.

With some sound I have no idea about (one sounded like a werewolf and pig mating + getting eaten by zombies).

But I imagine myself 6 months into the apocalypse with only a bow (and arrows) and a schoolbag visible on my back, flashlight equipped secondary walking through a school corridor with the light flickering as the walls creak in the school and the wind howls through the broken windows where erosion has taken over. That's just my dream and I have no doubt that TIS won't deliver.