RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

Running into a new problem:

I successfully updated my server to 33.4 using the Steam--> Library--> Tools--> Project Zomboid Dedicated Server and my client to 33.4.

Upon launching the game and going to the 'Online' Tab I see my server listed and that it is responding. I have the indicated number of players, the ping, etc. However, when I attempt to connect to the server I get an error saying 'Failed to establish P2P connection with server"

I assume this is a Steam port issue? Even though the server is listed and responding?

I changed zero settings to cause there to be any port forwarding, router, etc issues between 32.30 and 33.4.

32.30 works but 33.4 does not. All that I have done is downloaded the Project Zomboid Dedicated Server. Does it matter which drive I have downloaded the server to? That is the only difference I have. I used my E: drive to install the dedicated server and my 32.30 server was on the C: drive. I don't get how this could cause a P2P issue though...

Do you have mods enabled on the server?

none :(

In the past I have used SteamCMD to update the server, so this process is new to me.

If it helps, when I try to connect and I receiver the error message, there is no activity on the server console.

Sounds like a connection issue then. Had that happen repeatedly yesterday, as Steam's network went down. Does Steam say OFFLINE in the bottom of the client, where it normally lists the status of downloads?

Do you have mods enabled on the server?

none :(

In the past I have used SteamCMD to update the server, so this process is new to me.

If it helps, when I try to connect and I receiver the error message, there is no activity on the server console.

Sounds like a connection issue then. Had that happen repeatedly yesterday, as Steam's network went down. Does Steam say OFFLINE in the bottom of the client, where it normally lists the status of downloads?

Nah, no offline message. Everything seams to be working properly with Steam.

I also double checked my port-forwarding and ports 16259-16270 are open...

I also reinstalled the PZ Dedicated Server on my C: drive just in case it being on the E: drive was causing some weird issue. No luck and still having the same issue.

Update: I had a server member attempt to join and he received the exact same error. The "Failed to establish P2P connection with server". There was no activity in the server command indicating any attempt to connect.

He stated that the server showed up properly in his server list with the listed ping, version number, etc.

Build 33.4 Update from Joe Dead (deaf trait + all negative).

Sound I ear:

Bird

Wind

Hearthbeat

Sound of fear (panic moodle) when noticing zombie

Rain

Sound I don't ear:

Drinking water from sink

Sound of eating

Opening/closing door

Opening/closing window

Zombie moan from front, side and rear

Kicking down zombie

Killing down zombie

Sound of zombie passing through foliage (tree/bush)

Water dripping

Electric Hum

Smashing Window

Removing Broken glass

Non audio "sound" I still "ear":

TV dialog and radio.

Dramatically better so far will continue the report has I encounter other sound events.

Good Job!

Other notes:

Zombie seem less dispearse and now and reacting less to "noise" (move around less and clump a bit more together albeit in different group).  This is so far making the game easier (might be this playthrough).

NVM: zombie distribution is for wrong game mode (was sandbox instead of survival will report in bug tracker).

Initial zombie distribution/population in 33.4 seems lighter in Survival mode then in earlier 33 build (3 different start so far in 33.4) by at least 50%.

That's an impression I didn't count zombie but my kill count is much lower to explore an higher number of house.

This will be good for less experience but is making Survival a lot easier.  Will report later in game.  But so far seems easy even with Joe Dead so likely too easy.

If I make it to my safe spot and survive for more then 1 month on 3 consecutive playthrough with Joe Dead I would say it's too easy.

Initial zombie distribution/population in 33.4 seems lighter in Survival mode then in earlier 33 build (3 different start so far in 33.4) by at least 50%.

That's an impression I didn't count zombie but my kill count is much lower to explore an higher number of house.

This will be good for less experience but is making Survival a lot easier.  Will report later in game.  But so far seems easy even with Joe Dead so likely too easy.

If I make it to my safe spot and survive for more then 1 month on 3 consecutive playthrough with Joe Dead I would say it's too easy.

Survival is meant to be harder late game, compared to 6 months later ;)

33.4 is great so far, fixed 90% of my sound issues.

Things I've noticed:

Generator sounds are inaudible, which isn't bad from a "Hell yeah, silent generator!" point of view but not from a realism point of view.

Anything you pick up and place on a wall creates an invisible wall on that square.

Lights and lamps that you pick up and place can't be turned on.

TVs just stop working. You can click "Turn on" a thousand and one times but nothing happens. If this is meant to happen then a symbol or bit of text telling you the tv is kapoot would go a long way.

This is all progressing really well, looking forward to the next release! :D

Why Survival starts at 07/23 instead of 07/09? 2 days and a half in and the transmission are off alongside the power.

Also why there is no radio at all after that?

Yeah, where is da radio :C

Possibly to allow for more dynamic, NPC driven stuff in the future ;)

Why Survival starts at 07/23 instead of 07/09? 2 days and a half in and the transmission are off alongside the power.

I doubt that.

But i was thinking there was going to be some radio period after shit hitting the fan at various states thought the USA or atleast a few broadcast after the whole power going out.

Maybe there is but as it stands right now, i have no idea of how to search for it or how to do it.

I doubt that.

But i was thinking there was going to be some radio period after shit hitting the fan at various states thought the USA or atleast a few broadcast after the whole power going out.

Maybe there is but as it stands right now, i have no idea of how to search for it or how to do it.

For a very long time now all HAM radio operators in Canada and the US (and presumably elsewhere too) are required by law to provide communication services in emergency situation. They have to take a course on coordinating emergency personnel and relaying info to the population before they can get the HAM license.

This was designed with nuclear scenarios in mind during the cold war but it applies to zombies too! That's why I was thinking NPCs might have something to say, maybe some of them are radio operators, coordinating local survival efforts. It was a much more common hobby in the 90s too. Ayhow, I don't really expect that, but it would be a nice touch.

I doubt that.

For a very long time now all HAM radio operators in Canada and the US (and presumably elsewhere too) are required by law to provide communication services in emergency situation. They have to take a course on coordinating emergency personnel and relaying info to the population before they can get the HAM license.

This was designed with nuclear scenarios in mind during the cold war but it applies to zombies too! That's why I was thinking NPCs might have something to say, maybe some of them are radio operators, coordinating local survival efforts. It was a much more common hobby in the 90s too. Ayhow, I don't really expect that, but it would be a nice touch.

Yeah that is what i am talking about, i was expecting something like that or a radio program still going and telling news about the rest of the world while it still could.

But if its possible to mod in radio stuff, i will give it a try to mod in something like that.

This build looks awesome, can't wait for my net to be sorted to try it out! It's very frustrating! Also, is there a way to add custom radio dialogue to the game yet? May start to tinker around with some while I wait for internet to resume.