RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

Released!

[NEW STUFF]

• FMOD: New sound engine!
    • Tons of new sounds and ambient! (fridge buzz, water drip, birds...)
    • New random music algorythm: some weird music will start at night to give a creepy ambient!
    • Proper 3D sound!
    • The helicopter will now circle around a player, you'll need to hide (forest or house) for it to stop!
    • Added an ambient volume slider in the option.
  • New randomized buildings:
    • Some buildings will now be burnt, looted or already barricaded.
    • Some will have specific professions loots
    • Made world more alive, some windows/inside door will be open.
  • New main menu!
    • Allowing to custom your difficulty settings easier.
    • You can choose a difficulty for the world/zombie and then for your starter/character. (need more balancing)
    • Choose from "The First Day" to "6 Months After the Apocalypse" (hard early game), and don't forget our hardcore Survival (hard late game!)
    • Then select if your character will start with some bonuses, such as items or xp multiplier!
  • New trait: herbalist
    • With this trait you can find medicinal herbs by foraging.
    • They'll help you fixing your broken bones, your stomach disease, etc.
    • Some will require to be transformed in poultice with a mortar and a pilon!
    • Now each new game a random berry/mushroom (yay mushroom!) will be poisonous, same for multiplayer and only the herbalist will know which one you shouldn't eat. Not a herbalist? Take care when eating berries ;)
  • Radios
  • TVs
  • Moveable furnitures! (icon is on the left)
  • Balanced zombies grouping a bit, start game should be way more easier (no zombies thumping at your door when you spawn, less zombies around you, etc...)
  • Added sandbox options to make zombies thump only if they're chasing/heard a sound (still enabled in 6 months/survival)
  • Added /alarm server admin command to force an alarm to play in the current room.
  • Added farming mag to learn the mild flies cure
  • Added electronics mag to learn how to make and add remote trigger
  • Added way to learn remote controller v2 and v3 in electronics mag
  • PZServerSettings edits INI as well as SandboxVars.lua.
  • Save players every minute instead of every 2 seconds.
  • Active translation mods will be loaded when joining a server.
  • Added a context-menu item to show the remaining water in a Rain Collector Barrel. The info is shown by a tooltip. The menu item is displayed only when the player is close to the barrel.
  • Zombies that fall from a height fall over and take some damage.
  • Added buttons to enable/disable mods. Double-clicking still works.
  • Added warning about Workshop items not being displayed when Steam is disabled.
  • The URL button in the Mods screen opens the Steam Overlay to a mod's Workshop page if it has one.
  • PZServerSettings reads/writes servertest_zombies.ini (i.e., the advanced zombie population options)
  • The Maps= line in a server's INI file may contain multiple maps separated by semicolons. Previously, the only way to combine maps was by creating a new map with a map.info file that referred to the other map directories.
  • Added MaxAccountsPerUser to limit the number of accounts tied to each SteamID. If this number is zero (the default) then there is no limit. Admins may create any number of accounts for themselves.
[FIXES/BALANCE]
  • Canned food now appears as food and not "normal" item (can't be eat tho, need to be opened first)
  • Crafting UI displays spices and poison already added to a recipe.
  • Crafting UI displays poison icon next to known poisonous ingredients.
  • Fixed watermelon sliced/smashed weight
  • Possibly fixed multiple copies of other players appearing in multiplayer.
  • Fixed speed of falling not considering framerate.
  • Reduced movement rate when going up or down stairs.
  • Fixed OpeningHours sprite bug.
  • Fixed flickering when in the Lua debugger.
  • Fixed health-panel errors when spamming right-click actions.
  • Fixed some outdoor chairs showing "Remove Bush" in context menu.
  • Fixed generators only powering levels 0,1,2 no matter which level the generator was on.
  • ProjectZomboid exe prints any exception after running the main() method.
  • Fixed an exception with footstep sounds when the player was falling.
  • Fixed lighting flashes not working when shaders were turned off.
  • Fixed clicked-on worn clothing not being used by a recipe.
  • Fixed a number of issues with using the bundled Java Runtime Environment on Linux.

Is there a post somewhere showing how to get IWBUMS via Steamcmd?

EDIT - Nevermind

Please explain how you did it for the unenlightened. I have no clue as to how to update my game. T_T

for your game yo need to right click project zomboid in steam and go to properties

click the betas tab and you need to find the password on this post after you read through it.  Enter the password then choose the beta version.  Update and Enjoy.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

I am trying to update our server. 

Can any dev explain radios a bit more in depth? Related to multiplayer wise? Can we still have tv on mp servers? Are radios done by voice comms? Can we listen to music? Host our own channel? Im very eager to find out and am away from my computer.

FMOD IS LOVE, FMOD IS LIFE. I will most-likely ignore every other feature and focus on that most! xD

Since I'm mainly focused on FMOD, I will report any audio balancing issues on all of my audio systems using my mix-and-sound-production-tuned ear. Peace!