RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

I havent notice yet but i will ask anyway.

Do you still get bored while watching TV? Or do you get skills yet?

I was playing Split-screen and i was reading a trapping book while watching a trapping TV show about how to make a fishing rod and without finish reading the book i had the acceleration on trapping.

Yet the other player did not get it, so i guess that learning via TV is on yet?

I was playing Split-screen and i was reading a trapping book while watching a trapping TV show about how to make a fishing rod and without finish reading the book i had the acceleration on trapping.

You sure you didn't have a partial bonus? You can get a partial bonus for getting somewhat through the book last as I recall.

You sure you didn't have a partial bonus? You can get a partial bonus for getting somewhat through the book last as I recall.

I guess that was it, but it was like not even 1/8 of the book yet, so it was the mere-minimal you can read.

I guess that was it, but it was like not even 1/8 of the book yet, so it was the mere-minimal you can read.

Yeah you don't have to read much to get a small bonus. The bonus scales the further you get through up to the max when fully read if I recall correctly.

Is it possible to read the radio/tv dialogs outside of the game? Tried opening \media\radio\RadioData.xml but the text appears to be encrypted or something.

Ky rl buql ux uguncxa ziykpwo oykut myi typ!

Obcj fyyej fcel uxt xyiguf Ecowblx Excml, ug C icabo?

Rlff - cm typ obypabo C ruj icabo, C ruj riyxa.

Obcj cj u Ecowblx Excml vt Ecoolx.

Is it possible to read the radio/tv dialogs outside of the game? Tried opening \media\radio\RadioData.xml but the text appears to be encrypted or something.

Ky rl buql ux uguncxa ziykpwo oykut myi typ!

Obcj fyyej fcel uxt xyiguf Ecowblx Excml, ug C icabo?

Rlff - cm typ obypabo C ruj icabo, C ruj riyxa.

Obcj cj u Ecowblx Excml vt Ecoolx.

They dont want people to spoil the fun so i guess they are encrytped, why spoil all the work they put in so you can read it in 10 minutes? 

I also was looking at that encrypted dialogs Lol :P more or less since we have to tune in at the right time and at the right frequency its almost impossible to do it ingame to get all the juicy dialogs Lol. But i agree opening this will make all dialog visible in much shorter time and hence the encryption Lol

They dont want people to spoil the fun so i guess they are encrytped, why spoil all the work they put in so you can read it in 10 minutes?

Call me old fashioned, but I like my simple substitution ciphers to actually contain something interesting.

Long story short, don't waste your time on this one. It's not remotely interesting (although why something so banal is so encrypted, that is something to ponder)

Call me old fashioned, but I like my simple substitution ciphers to actually contain something interesting.

Long story short, don't waste your time on this one. It's not remotely interesting (although why something so banal is so encrypted, that is something to ponder)

Its bits of lore here and there, for anyone that plays the game, its interesting stuff, also its fun to read that stuff in the "meanwhile" time when you are sorting stuff in the first week.

for players who choose to start the game at 1 month after the outbreak, the radios and TVs kinda lost alot of purposes.

beside, in the first week i'm busy looking for all different kind of carpentry tools and preparing for the population peak day, so i hardly ever stop for TV shows or radio.

I thought it's only that area where the game takes place is infected and under quarantation, so i assume the rest of the world is kinda doing fine?

why cant we continue to receive at least some commercials then.

in that kind of isolation and danger i would be grateful to have anything to watch, even if it's donald trump giving a speech... hm... no, i would probably turn that s*** off....

I thought it's only that area where the game takes place is infected and under quarantation, so i assume the rest of the world is kinda doing fine?

in that kind of isolation and danger i would be grateful to have anything to watch, even if it's donald trump giving a speech... hm... no, i would probably turn that s*** off....

Well since the news broadcasts don't mention non US locations we can assume that the entire continental US ,not knox county, is under quarantine. So hopefully more TV/radio is added for the groups and countries who would likely broadcast taunts to the survivors, for example the Mexican government will sometimes broadcast," Dear Americans, thank you for building a border wall to help us keep you guys out."

for players who choose to start the game at 1 month after the outbreak, the radios and TVs kinda lost alot of purposes.

beside, in the first week i'm busy looking for all different kind of carpentry tools and preparing for the population peak day, so i hardly ever stop for TV shows or radio.

Well since the news broadcasts don't mention non US locations we can assume that the entire continental US ,not knox county, is under quarantine. So hopefully more TV/radio is added for the groups and countries who would likely broadcast taunts to the survivors, for example the Mexican government will sometimes broadcast," Dear Americans, thank you for building a border wall to help us keep you guys out."

You guys really need to watch the TV and Radio if you think the rest of the world is "fine"...

For the duration of build 33 IWBUMS it seemed that all the meta events save the helicopter were not a proper "object" in the world that emits a zombie magnet sound like the helicopter does because zombies never reacted to anything but the helicopter in my experience...

I know I'm not just imagining this because NoMIS pointed this out quite a few times in his hardcore survival playthrough.

Indeed we are not imagining it.  I was standing between two zeds (their backs were turned) when a loud/nearby shot rang out and they didn't notice it. I am glad that you brought this up because I had planned to use alarm clocks to disperse a pack...but the zeds probably won't react to them, will they? I guess that I'll find out soon enough. =P

EDIT:  Hm. Maybe that only happens on the lower levels? I went back to survival and the zeds appear to react to gunshots-as in ambient sounds.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask it but I didn't want to start a support thread and this relates directly to the current build.

Do you guys know if placing 'picked up' floors in decoration mode is only bugged for gray tiles? As in, does it work for other floor tiles, like hardwood and checkered floors? I'm having the issue where when the floors are reloaded the wood below appears above the placed tile, but I have only tried it with the one.

I'm trying to hold off on placing floors as I break too many of them picking them back up, so if you have placed other kinds of floors and it worked that would be good to know.

I have carpentry fever with this new build! Awesome job!

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask it but I didn't want to start a support thread and this relates directly to the current build.

Do you guys know if placing 'picked up' floors in decoration mode is only bugged for gray tiles? As in, does it work for other floor tiles, like hardwood and checkered floors? I'm having the issue where when the floors are reloaded the wood below appears above the placed tile, but I have only tried it with the one.

I'm trying to hold off on placing floors as I break too many of them picking them back up, so if you have placed other kinds of floors and it worked that would be good to know.

I do not have that problem using the checkered cream tile on Sunstar Hotel. maybe you should try it with that. where is that grey tile that you pick up? i will help you try and test it on my computer

I do not have that problem using the checkered cream tile on Sunstar Hotel. maybe you should try it with that. where is that grey tile that you pick up? i will help you try and test it on my computer

It's in some of the rest rooms and kitchens of several houses. Unfortunately I think it's just outright broken (at least on multiplayer).

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.9024219271670861,0.18654168119770226,1763.7258815629013

It's in some of the rest rooms and kitchens of several houses. Unfortunately I think it's just outright broken (at least on multiplayer).

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.9024219271670861,0.18654168119770226,1763.7258815629013

ill see if its broken in mine :P so you said it can be done but when reloaded it gets messed up rite

mr Kim i browsed around and found your bug tracker request seems dev already commited a fix :)http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-2493-placed-white-checker-floors-going-under-floorboards-after-placement/

ill see if its broken in mine :P so you said it can be done but when reloaded it gets messed up rite

mr Kim i browsed around and found your bug tracker request seems dev already commited a fix :)http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-2493-placed-white-checker-floors-going-under-floorboards-after-placement/

Yah, I saw it was 'fix commited' so I didn't make a thread about it. I was just wondering about tiles that people could confirm worked.

Congratulations to this great achievements.

The last time I touched PZ was like one year ago because I did everything what was possible.

And today I was like, ahh lets look whats new and dang bro ... amazing.

The 100000x new items, TV and radios, just everything ... wow.

Keep it up guys, thats one of the best games out there :)